7th November - Happy 10-1 Day

Malcolm McDonald post match going on about why on earth his defence decided to play offside still cracks me up. Thing is they started as the better team and should have been a couple up before we scored. Then it was just pure mayhem. Even their goal was scored by an ex city player. Didn't bring many that day either if I recall couple of hundred max maybe...

I was at Poly.

We had a TV in the common room, i was working and wandered out from my room, and a fellow student, shouted out, ‘look at this!’ And then we waited for Ceefax (page 304/5?) to change from page 1 of 3 to page 2 of 3 to show the score - incredible.

I was 13, stood on the Kippax, chanting "we want 10" at when we were 8 up.
I was 20,sat in the mainstand ,listening to the kippax sing we want 10 at 8nil up.....pretty sure i had to leave early too..to catch the Finglands (?)back into town and dash round to Chorlton street bus station for the long boring bus trip home...i never thought all those years ago leaving early would become such an issue...everybody did it back then,for whatever reason,and no one questioned anybody...
Happy days.

Malcolm McDonald post match going on about why on earth his defence decided to play offside still cracks me up. Thing is they started as the better team and should have been a couple up before we scored. Then it was just pure mayhem. Even their goal was scored by an ex city player. Didn't bring many that day either if I recall couple of hundred max maybe...
They were all over us first 15 mins.we were as nervous as kittens...prob' blinded by the light' ..Manfred Mann ...of their yellow and black chequred shirts
What was that strip all about??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.