8-1 under Sven. Losing the Cup Final to Wigan

jma

That's what you get when you undermine the manager and let it be known that he is toast before the end of the season.

Yes, the players' effort was shocking. Yes, the manager's tactics were poor.

But a portion of the blame for that display lies in Spain. Absolutely fuckwittery to undermine the man in charge and be have every amigo and his dog talking about your meetings with people.

Garry Cook was an absolute buffoon, in my opinion, but at least he had the nous to keep the talks with Mancini under wraps. No-one knew a thing about it before Hughes went and we were only playing Sunderland at home that day.

Yet before the biggest showpiece game in the country the whole media agenda, unavoidable by the whole dressing room, is that Mancini is about to get a dagger in his back.

Tell me that doesn't affect teams (and yes, I agree it shouldn't but too many historical examples tell you it does). Shocking stuff from above.

jma said:
That's what you get when you undermine the manager and let it be known that he is toast before the end of the season.

But a portion of the blame for that display lies in Spain. Absolutely fuckwittery to undermine the man in charge and be have every amigo and his dog talking about your meetings with people.

Garry Cook was an absolute buffoon, in my opinion, but at least he had the nous to keep the talks with Mancini under wraps. No-one knew a thing about it before Hughes went and we were only playing Sunderland at home that day.

Yet before the biggest showpiece game in the country the whole media agenda, unavoidable by the whole dressing room, is that Mancini is about to get a dagger in his back.

Tell me that doesn't affect teams (and yes, I agree it shouldn't but too many historical examples tell you it does). Shocking stuff from above.

Hang on, the undermining came from a Spanish newspaper and a Spanish journalist (who has been wrong before) and a seemingly large amount of money placed on it. NOTHING yet is based on fact or real statements from anyone.

Settle down. That meeting easily could've been us making a play for Isco, who seems very likely to end up at City.

and if it comes out that mancini left of his own accord ... will you direct at your venom at him?

you don't know anything so shut up

jma said:

I don't have inside knowledge to know if your accusations about the Spaniards undermining Mancini are correct.

However it must be said that the one paced lethargic performance we witnessed today is typical of far too many performances this season, a lot of which were presumably before the Spaniards started making enquiries.<br /><br />-- Sat May 11, 2013 8:37 pm --<br /><br />
jma said:

I don't have inside knowledge to know if your accusations about the Spaniards undermining Mancini are correct.

However it must be said that the one paced lethargic performance we witnessed today is typical of far too many performances this season, a lot of which were presumably before the Spaniards started making enquiries.

Mancini reckons all the talk is bollux and he'll be here next season .....

mind you after watching that crap today you could hardly blame him if he walks away!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/645078554?-1808:813" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/645078554?-1808:813</a>

It doesn't matter whether Pellegrini is here or not next season.

The fact is that at least 50% of blues went into that stadium today believing that it is probably. A huge percentage of the country believe it is possible. And a huge (and voluble) section of the press belive it is possible (or want it to be possible).

And no-one can deny that that performance today was identical to dozens of other performances put in by football teams over the years when they believe that their manager is toast and there is uncertainty at the club. Anyone who denies that last sentence (even if they don't believe that that was the reason, or the major reason, for that poor effort) is a liar.

Now, perhaps it is all bollocks but if that is the case it is incumbent on those in a position to do so to make sure that we don't have months of absolute shite being talked (if that is what it is) about their meetings and dealings with specific, named people.

Otherwise, you end up with the farcical and unique situation of today where the whole club is undermined by the manager being subject to crap all day on the day of the FA Cup final.

Any time over the last couple of months, or even this morning, they could have come out and said that the talk about Pellegrini is a load of nonsense and made it known that it is malicous shite. But they have let it rumble on. They could have even done it this morning, in the face of an unprecedented glut of destabilising stories on the day of a major final.

But they didn't.

So either it is shite that has been allowed to drastically affect the club and develop into something ridiculous on the day of a final.

Or either it is true and Garry Cook, for all his cock ups, could do a 100 times better job of keeping sensitive discussions, which have the potential for major destabilisation, under wraps.

Either situation is piss poor and at best shows a shocking understanding of the motivations of the gutter press and how to deal with them and such situations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.