8-1 under Sven. Losing the Cup Final to Wigan

I was just so friggin disgusted with the Mancini out story -- whether it be true or false. It certainly undermined the team and it looked like they didn't want to be playing today, particularly Yaya & Barry. Pitiful.

Thank the Sheikh and his henchman for this loss!! What a way to do business. In these days of social media, everyone with a cellphone camera, etc., there was no way this was not going to get out. However, think back to when Mark Hughes was fired with Mancini sitting in the stands. Seems back stabbing comes natural to these arabs.

With regard to the game, Wigan wanted it more and they deserved the win.

Kippaxgirl said:
I was just so friggin disgusted with the Mancini out story -- whether it be true or false. It certainly undermined the team and it looked like they didn't want to be playing today, particularly Yaya & Barry. Pitiful.

Thank the Sheikh and his henchman for this loss!! What a way to do business. In these days of social media, everyone with a cellphone camera, etc., there was no way this was not going to get out. However, think back to when Mark Hughes was fired with Mancini sitting in the stands. Seems back stabbing comes natural to these arabs.

Oh dear!

Kippaxgirl said:

You should be fucking ashamed of yourself. Piss off and support someone else, you're a disgrace.

Kippaxgirl said:

That's out of order.

Mancini was not sat in the stand, no matter what certain journalists would have you believe.

To not talk to other candidates would be criminal if you are considering replacing your manager; that isn't the issue here.

The issue is that to do it in such a cack handed manner, being 'spotted' at such meetings over a period of time and having it become public knowledge is the disgrace. Even more so when you are doing it so far in advance of the point when you are going to sack the manager. Even more so when you let it develop into a situation that, in a manner never seen before, undermines the club as it did on the day of the showpiece match of the season. And even more so when you take no action whatsoever to deal with that before that match or in the months prior.

The other option is that the stories are bollocks, so you have a situation where they have allowed the club and manager to be totally undermined in this way, when simple action could have dealt with it (again, either recently or a long time ago). Another cock up situation.

When Mancini was appointed and Garry Cook was getting grief it was the one occasion where I would stick up for him in the face of most people criticising him. For me, he handled that perfectly. No-one knew anything until the day it happened. He kept it totally secret and did his business professionally and prudently. Not spotted, not leaked to the press, not swanning round talking to agents and managers over tapas and having every Spanish waiter and his dog spotting it and spreading rumours. Cook's business in no way affected the club. This business has been undermining the manager for months and culminated in an unprecedented F.A Cup day shambles yesterday.

jma said:
Kippaxgirl said:

That's out of order.

Mancini was not sat in the stand, no matter what certain journalists would have you believe.

To not talk to other candidates would be criminal if you are considering replacing your manager; that isn't the issue here.

The issue is that to do it in such a cack handed manner, being 'spotted' at such meetings over a period of time and having it become public knowledge is the disgrace. Even more so when you are doing it so far in advance of the point when you are going to sack the manager. Even more so when you let it develop into a situation that, in a manner never seen before, undermines the club as it did on the day of the showpiece match of the season. And even more so when you take no action whatsoever to deal with that before that match or in the months prior.

The other option is that the stories are bollocks, so you have a situation where they have allowed the club and manager to be totally undermined in this way, when simple action could have dealt with it (again, either recently or a long time ago). Another cock up situation.

When Mancini was appointed and Garry Cook was getting grief it was the one occasion where I would stick up for him in the face of most people criticising him. For me, he handled that perfectly. No-one knew anything until the day it happened. He kept it totally secret and did his business professionally and prudently. Not spotted, not leaked to the press, not swanning round talking to agents and managers over tapas and having every Spanish waiter and his dog spotting it and spreading rumours. Cook's business in no way affected the club. This business has been undermining the manager for months and culminated in an unprecedented F.A Cup day shambles yesterday.

Agreed. Its an object lesson in how not to conduct sensitive business.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Mancini goes I fucking go if we sack him im sacking it in .

I am 50/50 feeling the same.Season tickets will be increased at least £100 each,change of manager.I am very close to jacking it.

disley blue boy said:
Goater's Nipple said:
Does it matter who the manager is?

When you're playing in the FA Cup final, it shouldn't matter if you think (or know) the manager is 'toast'.
this

In the minds of you and I? No.

In the minds of professional footballers, with numerous examples over the years of teams and players being severely affected if they feel that the current manager is going to get the boot? Then, unfortunately, as mental as it seems, performances like yesterday's become common place, if not the norm.

That isn't saying that you can't spot season long trends in that performance. But you can't separate it from the absolutely fucked up situation that the club allowed to develop on the day of the F.A. Cup final. Something that I can't recall happening to any club to such an extent on such an important day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.