#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone who couldnt see how good gundogan is and has always been is a sheep, who jumped on the scapegoat waggon of bluemoon , gundogan it a world class international footballer who would walk into any team in world football, there isnt one manager than wouldn't take him, he is and always has been top class.

imo
Bahhh.

I’m not sure anyone doubted his skill and ability - but now that Pep’s ditched this double pivot bollocks with Ilkay and Rodri, and put Gundogan into his natural attacking position, I think we can all see how much more effective he can be.

I’ll hold my hands up and say I’ve given him flack in the past but I think that’s purely a product of Pep playing him as a holding midfielder.

He’s been fantastic this season, and long may it continue.

took 10 minutes to get into it but especially once Cancelo came on he took control, sorely missed the control in midfield today without him, all that lobbing the ball after 4 passes was nonsense.

Always thought he was a bit lightweight due to so many injuries but around the box I think he is the nearest thing to David . On the last goal his awareness was something else. He sensed where Torres was in realtion to the keeper. Mahrez, Jesus, Sterling none of them have that- they would all have failed to pull off that simple bit of skill.

Where are all the haters now?
In fairness, he has gone up a few levels of late. Especially with goals and assists. So it's unfair to denigrate his detractors now.

I thought they were equally wrong when he wasn't scoring but linking the team up... But his performances then weren't as impactful as they are now. So detractors are free to change bother minds. Or hide and wait for a bad game... :)

Ny issue in the past was how folks automatically blamed him for our woes even after he had clearly performed better than many in a given game.

Happy he is getting some respect now. ;)

He's been playing further up the pitch. More like David Silva no. 8 role with KDB in 17/18 centurions season.

b7267d4ddd780f8c10fd6bcb1c9fda6a866.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.