8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundogun leaving? Come on let's get serious people of the City board. Just be serious and give him whatever he wants.

Easy to be blasé about that first goal. But to see that ball dropping and 1) have the balls to take it on, so early in the match, and 2) have the composure not to snatch at it but to execute it perfectly is so fucking special. I‘d struggle to think of anyone else playing in the Premier League - or elsewhere - that I‘d trust to do that.

Easy to be blasé about that first goal. But to see that ball dropping and 1) have the balls to take it on, so early in the match, and 2) have the composure not to snatch at it but to execute it perfectly is so fucking special. I‘d struggle to think of anyone else playing in the Premier League - or elsewhere - that I‘d trust to do that.
A certain bus driver parlayed something like Gundagon's goal into a multi-year coaching contract at a club living in the past. Gundogan, though, is a player and, hopefully, a legitimate candidate as a City coach, between him and Kompany.

He surpassed Yaya a long time ago in my mind just based on character, let alone performance.

Yaya had 4 great seasons with us and 4 bad ones.

Gundogan has had 6 good or great seasons and one out injured.

A year ago I’d have said the only thing he lacked in comparison was big moments, but the Villa comeback and today has dispelled that.

I don't think he doesn't want to sign. They point of contention is length which I think will now be sorted out. Again once we win CL thsy may change his mind he would have everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.