8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is incredible. Supports Rodri & allows foden space to do his thing.

I know Chelsea are in a weird place ATM, but why the fuck did they sanction this deal?!

The most impressive thing in my opinion is how he’s avoided the trap a lot of players fall into when they first join City of over-thinking the ball retention and allowing it to alter their game and make them play too risk-free, through fear of being bollocked for losing possession. Kovacic is playing so many line-breaking passes, is producing so many line-breaking short dribbles etc, he’s taking all the risks we need from him to open up an opponent, and he’s just backing his ability to execute it. He’s playing his natural game immediately. And I don’t think it’s easy to do that straight away for City or, more specifically, for Pep.

Proper player. I was delighted when I knew we were getting him because I rate him highly.

Just has that bit of quality about him that is great on the eye and everything he does has a purpose like his little bursts into space

How seamless he had slotted into Pep's game shows how intelligent and player he is and will only keep getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.