80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if it's just his personality, but he doesn't look arsed.
He is very laid back on the pitch. All the videos ive ever seen him of in the academy etc he looks the same. Used to just drift around the pitch and slalom through challenges and score goals. I think he needs a loan like McAtee for more game time and building up some strength on the pitch.

I don’t think he has enough desire to even be part of our squad never mind grow into the starting 11. We need Southampton to perform a miracle and stay up, they won’t have the money to buy all our kids any more.

Actually don't think he did much wrong today, didn't lose possession much and was asking for passes in the middle. One or two nice touches in advanced positions. He wasn't helped by everybody else on the team playing so negatively when him and Alvarez were trying to progress the ball up the pitch.

Sure, he has a very languid style, but don't think that's really a bad thing. Reminds me in a weird way of Adebayor. Doesn't mean he can't be a good player with the right attitude.

The lad clearly doesn't understand Pep's football philosophy which doesn't augur well for him.

He's miles off where he needs to be at the moment, but my concern is that I've not seen any improvement between his games. Some, like Foden, can make the step up from just training with the first team, but Palmer looks like he needs lots of game time if he's ever going to make it. I think a loan to a Championship side would be the best thing for his development

I don't think effort is the problem. If it were, it would be minor. Effort can always be improved. I'm satisfied that he's trying. It's just that I'm not convinced that he has a lot of footballing intelligence. Several times, he was making entirely the wrong decision. Case in point: about five minutes from the end, he's very central, and deep, and there are a lot of Leicester players around him. He chose the immense risk of dribbling, and duly lost the ball. It could have been very costly. It just wasn't the time or place to try that, and all the senior players would have known it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.