80s Manchester Gigs Help

roman totale

The ‘James’ thread, plus countless others over the years have had several of us scratching our heads, trying to remember the details of gigs we saw in and around town back in the day.
One that’s been vexing me for years is; around ‘86 or ‘87 I distinctly remember going to see A Witness at a place somewhere down Oxford Road around the BBC/ university area. It was down some stairs and was little more than a bar, without really even a stage and they played on what was basically the open floor. Anyone recall this venue and it’s name?

I remember they played the Boardwalk a couple of times. But cannot think of any venues in the area you mention, let alone them playing there.
The downstairs, no stage bar that did have gigs around that time was Corbieres?

The ‘James’ thread, plus countless others over the years have had several of us scratching our heads, trying to remember the details of gigs we saw in and around town back in the day.
One that’s been vexing me for years is; around ‘86 or ‘87 I distinctly remember going to see A Witness at a place somewhere down Oxford Road around the BBC/ university area. It was down some stairs and was little more than a bar, without really even a stage and they played on what was basically the open floor. Anyone recall this venue and it’s name?
The Swinging Sporran?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.