82 | Rico Lewis - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not a defender. For their 2nd goal today, we saw something similar against Yokohama. Instead of kicking the ball into row Z, he hesitated, lost the 1 on 1, and kicked it past Ortega to their striker. Excellent in midfield, though.
When has Pep advocated for his defenders to kick it into row Z?

You sound like Glen Hoddle in Pep's 1st season.

Why did he do that, he shoulda put it in row Z, you can't play out from the back like that in the PL.

Your description of the incident is very cock eyed as well btw.

Also, 18yo, Eighteen.

Sigh

Is anybody seriously being negative about this lad ?!?!? Wow just wow - he’s the next big thing since Foden and I rate Cole Palmer but he’s still potential - Rico has arrived and still has bags of potential

Amen to that. I can see him becoming a proper player for us. I also love Cole and think it’s down to bad management of him why he has stalled because he’s just a right winger, so let him play there FFS. Would love for all 3 to be important players for us eventually

Amen to that. I can see him becoming a proper player for us. I also love Cole and think it’s down to bad management of him why he has stalled because he’s just a right winger, so let him play there FFS. Would love for all 3 to be important players for us eventually
I’d love and can see all 3 being important for us in the future and I think that’s the plan……had to laugh as just said the words bad management about a treble winning season hahahahaha - I get what you mean but doh!!!! Haha can’t say that can we ? Maybe we can it was unfortunate that Cole was trying to break through on such a standout / historic squad

Will get a lot of hate for this but he’s just not good enough to start us, and he may never be. Takes wayyy too long to release the ball..it gets too frustrating to watch.

Will get a lot of hate for this but he’s just not good enough to start us, and he may never be. Takes wayyy to long to release the ball..it gets too frustrating to watch.
He is not a defender for me and will never be. However, he is great in midfield, though.

Will get a lot of hate for this but he’s just not good enough to start us, and he may never be. Takes wayyy to long to release the ball..it gets too frustrating to watch.
Incredibly valuable to the squad

Doesn't work on the left, he's very one footed and he can't position his body correctly on that side, still needs to grow and toughen up which will come in time. Will be a great player for us and useful now as well as in the future. Just not from the left.

Will get a lot of hate for this but he’s just not good enough to start us, and he may never be. Takes wayyy too long to release the ball..it gets too frustrating to watch.

We have just won away 3-0, kept a clean sheet and there were 3 defenders out who would typically start before him. I doubt John Stones, Dias or any of the others were ready at 18 to start for us.

Instead of knocking him I just think how lucky we are that we have a kid of 18, who can come in and fill that position without undermining the side and clearly brings a lot of positive energy around the place. The lad is a huge positive in the squad. But if you think he is going to walk in and play like a seasoned pro with 200 plus games under his belt you are always going to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.