89 points

The final day of last season was pretty amazing mate. The circumstances of 2012 were unique but the Gundo show shouldn't be dismissed as a 'cursed final day'. Surely?
Only last season and the Villa comeback since 2012 has been the only decent final day. All the rest since have been damp quibs.

It wouldn't have been if that one single chance by Leicester went in against Newcastle, it would have set up an exciting final day. With Everton bottom three on GD and Leicester above them. The fact it was all in Everton's own hands just to win their game and did so, did in hindsight make it the damp squib it really was. If Bournemouth actually wanted to play and equalized when all the Leicester players huddled round and were watching a mobile phone, that would have been a fantastic final day memory.

Everton are becoming the new Aston Villa...... Poor season, hovering in and out of relegation, certain to do down.... Then with five games left pull the rabbit out of the hat and survive.

I think my observation that 2012 jinxed the final day was a bit rash, but it just felt that way really.

That famous Sergio moment in 2012 wasn't it?.

As amazing as that moment was, it seemed to have cursed final days of the season for good.

Since then it's been relegation battles in which the bottom three on the final day, are the three that go down anyway, or pointless "The quest to find out who finishes fourth" all while the relegation places and title have already been decided, all accompanied with social media lies someone has scored elsewhere (It happened in 2013 in which Spurs fans were lied to Newcastle scored and twice at Leicester today).

As amazing as the final day was last season, it hasn't been anywhere as close as 2012. Thankfully I did "drink it in" as just like the commentary said..... we won't see anything like it again and he is still right today.

Last season was pretty damn close to 2012.

Gundogaaaaaannnnnn is etched into my brain right next to Agueroooooo.

It's amazing that we won it by 5 points in the end, coasting home with 3 games to spare. At times we seemed stuck in 2nd gear.

Looking back at the stats at the end of each of the last 5 wins, that 1st win of this run, in 2017/18 really stands out. 100 points; 106 for/27 against; GD of 79. An incredible achievement.

This season we had a chunk of it where we weren't fully at it, including the last 3 games and big Earl only played the equivalent of 30 league games. It'd be fantastic to match that 100 points season again while we're still "hot." (i.e. With Pep in charge.)

Will we be even stronger next season? Several other teams probably will be. Arsenal and Newcastle will probably have a harder season dealing with Champs League football. No Europe at all for Chelsea or Spurs. Where's Kane going to be - great season for him - 30 goals - in a pretty shite Spurs team.

We can’t sack @Ric and the mods! Where would we be able to post our thoughts if we sacked the BM board? :-) ;-)
Hi EB, understand he can't sack @Ric as he is our own Peter Swales, but surely the rest, Alan Ball, Frank Clarke, Stuart Pearce (and beany) etc need to be reviewed end of season to ensure we don't stagnate

Just shows how lame the Arsenal title challenge actually was. Bet the players felt like it was a piece of piss compared to the dipper ones of recent years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.