9/11

davymcfc

just watching a documentary about it. brings all the memories back. i was 13 and it really shit me up. does everybody remember where they were when they heard? were any american blues in the city at that time?

davymcfc said:
just watching a documentary about it. brings all the memories back. i was 13 and it really shit me up. does everybody remember where they were when they heard? were any american blues in the city at that time?

I was in lancaster working for the accident group at the time, their was a tv shop on the high st with lots of tv's in the window showing the towers burning with breaking news AMERCIA IS BEING ATTACKED.

davymcfc said:
I was in work at the time; just got back from my lunch break when someone told me. My first reaction was to tell him to '' fuck off and stop being a ****''. Hmm.

Was in the van on my way to do a delivery at George's chippy in Reddish, Adam Cole was on Key103 giving reports as he watched it on the box in the studio,
Spent a good half hour in George's glued to the TV in the back room.

i was at work, when a delivery driver told me about it, my mates mum won a competition on gmtv to new york and arrived home the day before the attacks

I really do wish that I was old enough to know what was going on. I know now, looking back, how big it all was, but I feel like I've missed something, you know? I was alive for one of history's major events, but I had no idea what it was.

I just wish I knew so that I could be in the same position as other people were at the time, rather than being an oblivious child.

Elvis, Diana deaths and 9/11, 3 non footy occasions when I know where and what I was doing even though I can't remember what I did last week

Big G said:
Was in the van on my way to do a delivery at George's chippy in Reddish, Adam Cole was on Key103 giving reports as he watched it on the box in the studio,
Spent a good half hour in George's glued to the TV in the back room.
houldsworth sq?

I was giving a lecture to midwives and health visitors on neonatal syncope.

I was pissed off at the time that it was interrupted because stuff was happening in America. But the group was too distracted to continue.

The bigger tragedy of 9/11 was the so called 'war on terror' that followed -instigated by George Bush, who to my mind is on a par with Hitler for the extent of worldwide death and suffering he has caused.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.