9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do not want him to make the movements like jesus or alvarez. he had terrific movement beyond the defensive line of liverpool and not once was he picked out. I do not care he plays like our other past strikers. he was bought to utilize his pace, explosiveness and power behind, prefer the team changes to suit him. if we think he needs to make movements like jesus then we should have kept jesus.

yeah hes just not agile like that.

Fitness wise he looks well off the pace which is to be expected due to lack of training time, size and whatever the niggles he had.

Also, whatever guardiola says, obviously his fit is not a natural one, it will take time for him and the team to be in the same page. He needs to improve his first touch, short passing and heading but the sitters he missed 9 times out of ten he will score. He has great positional sense and instinct, just needs time

i do not want him to make the movements like jesus or alvarez. he had terrific movement beyond the defensive line of liverpool and not once was he picked out. I do not care he plays like our other past strikers. he was bought to utilize his pace, explosiveness and power behind, prefer the team changes to suit him. if we think he needs to make movements like jesus then we should have kept jesus.
This. Why would we take the best young striker in world football and tell him that we don’t like the way he plays? If we wanted a false 9 we shouldn’t have signed him. We had players at the club already who would perform that role better than him. I don’t want to change him. I want him in the box knocking fuck out of CBs and scoring 30 goals a season.

This. Why would we take the best young striker in world football and tell him that we don’t like the way he plays? If we wanted a false 9 we shouldn’t have signed him. We had players at the club already who would perform that role better than him. I don’t want to change him. I want him in the box knocking fuck out of CBs and scoring 30 goals a season.
with a false 9 we had our wingers so wide and vacated central zone and it worked as the CB had no one to mark. I feel now we need to get more closer to Haaland so that he has support and the balls are played to him or off him or behind him with precision. today he was too isolated and the other guys were far away from him to play the ball to him and behind him accurately. this i think will be the biggest change we have to make compared to previous years. once alvarez and foden got closer to him there were more players to help haaland and suddenly he was a handful. I am personally hoping we play a 4231. I am sure pep will figure it out.

with a false 9 we had our wingers so wide and vacated central zone and it worked as the CB had no one to mark. I feel now we need to get more closer to Haaland so that he has support and the balls are played to him or off him or behind him with precision. today he was too isolated and the other guys were far away from him to play the ball to him and behind him accurately. this i think will be the biggest change we have to make compared to previous years. once alvarez and foden got closer to him there were more players to help haaland and suddenly he was a handful. I am personally hoping we play a 4231. I am sure pep will figure it out.
I said in another thread that the biggest worry for me re Haaland wasn’t him but the wide forwards. If he spends most of the season waiting on the killer ball from wide men who continually cut inside and take too many touches he could end up looking clueless. Everything I am seeing so far tells me that he needs it to be quick, quick to get the most out of him. Today, we looked a different team when Foden and Alvarez came on alongside him. Our wide men need to step up and they really should be licking their lips having him up front.

I was there, not sure if TV picked it up but he was constantly making threatening runs today. It’ll come when our players know when to release him. Love how he bullied Robertson.

Oddly I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s nervous, he snatched at every chance he got. One he gets one, the floodgates will open!

You clearly didnt hear what Pep said the team not changing the way we play and that all the new players will have to come in and use their qualities to play the way the team play and have played since he came here......

Haaland is going to have to adapt

You clearly didnt hear what Pep said the team not changing the way we play and that all the new players will have to come in and use their qualities to play the way the team play and have played since he came here......

no it is you who did not listen. when pep talks about tactics to the media he does not speak about movements but the general gameplay of the team ie keeping the ball and defending from the front. you should have known this by now after 6 years of pep.

I said in another thread that the biggest worry for me re Haaland wasn’t him but the wide forwards. If he spends most of the season waiting on the killer ball from wide men who continually cut inside and take too many touches he could end up looking clueless. Everything I am seeing so far tells me that he needs it to be quick, quick to get the most out of him. Today, we looked a different team when Foden and Alvarez came on alongside him. Our wide men need to step up and they really should be licking their lips having him up front.
yep we need to go back to how we played in the beginning of pep era. a forward flanked by wingers on their correct foot like sane and sterling did with aguero. we have foden and alvarez now.

So you are saying we bought the best young ‘power and strength’ targetman in the world so we could… force him to play like a finesse false 9?

I’ll have whatever you’re smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.