9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Not gonna lie I’m not liking what I’m seeing with big erling, some good hold up play but other than that offers nothing when he’s not scoring and missing sitters.
Yeh I know he’s still scored a lot this season and pulls defenders around etc and you can’t argue with that but last seasons energy and enthusiasm seem to have disappeared.
Victim of his own success I guess.
Hope he bangs in a few against the scum next week to get him smiling again.

Just not good enough today. Nowhere near.

Did well for the goal and tried hard but just not at the races recently.

Apart from the assist, and the option to get us up the pitch which we wouldn't have with anyone else, the hold up play, the movement, the chance just before he went off which no other striker in the world would have got a shot away.

But yeah, not good enough....

Should have scored that chance from foden via Bernardo centre back chip. That's an easy chance for him, the other chances weren't score able opportunities in my eyes. More than played his part, good hold up play, good channel running, goal comes from him making something out of practically nothing. Seems to be getting unfair criticism because he's not maintaining the unrealistic ruthless efficiency he miraculously displayed for most of last season. He played well today and yhe goal came from him, that's an impact we should all be more than happy with.

Didn’t get his goal but liked how he got himself more involved today with some brilliant hold up play and more attempts to link up. The more time erling spends on the pitch with foden centrally behind him the better. Can see him taking out his frustrations next Sunday !!

Surprised Pep subbed him with the game still in the balance.I’d have been amazed if we’d not managed to get him clean through again in the last 10 minutes when Bournemouth started really committing men forwards

This year everybody is around his box so not much for him he dont have so much to work with after the injury, everybody is around his spaces. The chances he can take is on counter but, he is not that sharp lately like the rest of the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.