9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

I think psychologically he’s missing his mate Jack ;-)

(I jest but there might be a grain of truth in that)

Let's not start bemoaning him not scoring every single time. Yes he could easily be well into double figures already but he's still got 7 and even if he doesn't score you cannot underestimate the fear he carries. He draws 2 sometimes 3 defenders everywhere he goes, his mere presence on the pitch gives us ample advantages elsewhere that'd his true value to the side, moreso than the goals I'd say.

Going by the posts on here, You wouldn't think he's top scorer in the premier league with 7 goals in 5 games. His general ratio is about a goal a game, so he's more than on track.

Yeah missed a few chances, who hasn't?

"Should've had 8 goals in the past 2 games" - footy doesn't work like that really, that's why last season the record number of goals in a 38 game Premier League season was broken with 35 goals. There's a reason top forwards aren't scoring 150 goals a season...because everyone misses chances.

It’s chill. It’s just probability. With all the goals he’s scoring, there are going to be a lot that don’t get scored.

His stats are always still very good.

It just so happens that strikers go through several game patches where it doesn’t go in. Messi has gone four, five league games without scoring and some say he’s the goat!

Will be more concerned if he hasnt regained his chance conversion once we go up against the likes of Arsenal or Liverpool, in those games we won't get as many chances so needs to find his shooting boots

Has been so wasteful lately despite his goals ratio at the moment

But you'd expect him to start converting more than he's missing, if he does that, the way we are playing he should break his record from last year (injuries permitting)

When the stakes are high in the later knockout stages against tougher opposition the margin for error is miniscule. I hope (and trust) he will be ready.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.