9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

This isn’t the first time we’ve seen this from erling this season, he’s def a yard of the pace from last season and yes he’s scored loads of goals if we use this metric and maybe we should but too many times it seems we are playing with 10 men.

I’m not afraid to call him out in games like this despite the fanboys.

He was total shit today and didn’t look on the pace at all.

He has loads of goals in the bank but games like this we need a little more.

Pep should have took him off around the 70min mark and tried something else.
Looked way off since day one of the season.

A shadow of the player that bullied and destroyed defenders last season.

A lot of people on here don't criticise him because they are Blues with better things to do.
As far as the, "for fear he may leave" bit. That's about as ridiculous as it gets.
These players are not gods and if you went to work and performed shit for a fraction of what Haaland gets paid then you wouldn’t last long in that job . As for not criticising him or anyone else so your saying you’ve never criticised a player for not performing at the levels hey should be ? No one is saying get rid of Haaland but he gets paid around £300,000 a week to put a shift in and he didn’t .

He was a good target man in the sense that when we targetted him for the ball, he kept it and laid it off. He held the ball excellently.

Its not his fault he didnt receive as a target man constantly, the midfield and defense got smothered by the press.

Saying he is poor is still wrong.

He wasnt great, but if you want to criticize the forward line, Alvarez and KdB were miles worse.

Foden and Bernie werent any good either.
I never said Kev or Alvarez were any good. Alvarez was atrocious.

The idea Haaland contributed enough yesterday is wrong. You wont change your mind; I won’t change mine.

dont think he was that bad yesterday. didnt get a lot of service but made some good passes. couldnt keep the ball with alvarez on the wing who lacks speed and any ball retention skills.

hope one day we stop using him in defence and let him stay higher up for the counter (atleast when we are behind or its a draw).

I noticed several times yesterday that he wasn't at all switched on and when we managed to regain possession quickly after a previous attack he wasn't even watching the play and so wasn't able to show for the ball.

He can't score every game but what he can do is use his size and strength to give opposing defenders a hard time. He didn't do that at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.