9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

He had a broken foot, probably the dreaded metatarsal that multiple players have struggled with.
there are rumors that he’s not fit, playing with injections allegedly. i don’t know if that’s true of course.

You’re dicing with death here mate.
I actually think he played OK last night, so in isolation it was fine, but it’s another game to add to the list of big games he hasn’t scored in. That’s my question mark.

His performance was good - that’s fine.
But that is now 4 games against RM he hasn’t scored in. I’m not having in a million years people would have said “yeah I wouldn’t have expected him too anyway”.
Rewatch last years home game if it wasn’t for the keeper Haaland would’ve had a first half hat trick, we need to find him more space to operate in, I think having wide players who don’t cut in would help, spreading the play rather than compacting it, either that or we become a counter attacking team, though that will never happen under Pep.

we don't create enough chances for him. He will continue to play like this and score at his current rate until we do.
Agreed but there's no getting away from the fact he's missed a load of absolute sitters this season, chances he would have taken last season.
It's a mixture of us not creating enough for him, him not being as sharp as last season, lack of confidence & opposing players knowing how to nullify his game.
Hopefully our summer business will rectify at least some of these things & he'll have a stormer again next season

Rewatch last years home game if it wasn’t for the keeper Haaland would’ve had a first half hat trick, we need to find him more space to operate in, I think having wide players who don’t cut in would help, spreading the play rather than compacting it, either that or we become a counter attacking team, though that will never happen under Pep.
"If it wasn't for the keeper", most strikers would of broken the PL record ages ago

That sounds nice, but it's not true, Haaland has the most amount of big chances missed in the PL (30), more than even Nunez, who's utter shite.

Last season we created more chances, which made him look more clinical than he actually was.
nonsense, he was clinical last season and stats are there to support it. finishing wise, he is having the worst season of his career this season.

This is a complete lie so there's no point debating you if your head's that far in the sand.
Why do people write such nonsense?? He’s almost scored against every single team he’s faced. If it wasn’t for Courtois last season he’d of had a hat trick

This is a complete lie so there's no point debating you if your head's that far in the sand.
Since he scored the hat trick against United 18 months ago here are the games against the top 5 sides in the league and his goal record. (22-23 was Arsenal, United, Newcastle, Liverpool) (23-24 is Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa, Spurs)

Liverpool a - 0
United a - 0
Arsenal a - Scored the 3rd
Newcastle h - 0
Arsenal h - Scored the 4th
United in the FA Cup Final - 0
Arsenal a - 0
Liverpool h - He actually scored to put us in front
Spurs h - 0
Villa a - 0
Liverpool a - 0
Arsenal h - 0

Champions league against the European Elite
Bayern h - Scored the 3rd
Bayern a - Scored to kill the tie and make it 4-0 on aggregate
Madrid a - 0
Madrid h - 0
Inter - 0
Madrid a - 0
Madrid h - 0

He's scored 5 goals in 19 games against top teams. 4 of which we were already winning (3 of them we were 2 goals up before he scored)

Where is the lie?

All strikers have dips in form.

Haaland does not turn up against the top teams. He just doesn't. Scoring has not been an issue under Pep. Haaland was brought in to get us over the line in the big games against the top teams. For almost 18 months others have had to bail him out.
Yeah, he’s only scored against Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Spurs, Villa, Munich. 5 goals 5 assists in derbies. He should have had 3 against Madrid but Courtois pulled off several world class saves. Scored 5 past Leipzig.

Need to get off his back and support the lad the shit he’s getting is unreal we play fuck when rag pundits like Keane call him league 2 player but I heard countless city fans say the same last night it’s fucking embarrassing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.