9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Need to get off his back and support the lad the shit he’s getting is unreal we play fuck when rag pundits like Keane call him league 2 player but I heard countless city fans say the same last night it’s fucking embarrassing
The issues begins when we "city fans" put him on a pedestal, calling him "the best striker in the world" or "the best goal scorer ever", you must understand that with that comes great expectations.

This is a complete lie so there's no point debating you if your head's that far in the sand.

But you have to admit he was brought in to score against the Liverpool's, Arsenal's, Madrid's etc etc, and has not produced in those games, dress it up however you like but that is the truth, he's not done it in big games, but what I will say is to cover your points is that if he is injured or been carrying a severe knock then that's on Pep and the medical team for bringing him back sooner than maybe they should have. but we are good at doing that

Bollocks they were world class saves, to say he didnt turn up is wrong.
Yes agreed, "world class strikers" should be able to score against world class keepers
"Turning up" means scoring or assisting mate, not getting your shots saved.

That sounds nice, but it's not true, Haaland has the most amount of big chances missed in the PL (30), more than even Nunez, who's utter shite.

Last season we created more chances, which made him look more clinical than he actually was.
Do you know who’s missed the most big chances in PL since 2010/11. Aguero. And for me, he’s my favourite player and the best striker in PL history, so I’m being as unbiased as possible. You know who had a bad 2nd season? Aguero.

How much would you sell him for? Who to? (Tranmere? Oldham? Cos surely you dont believe a top side would want him?), and who do you sign to replace him thats better and that is available?

To answeer your question, i think he played as well as anyone tonight and i back the lad 100%. Youll be the one crying if he leaves and you have to watch him banging in the goals for another team.

See you at the parade that Erling's multiple goals are firing us towards.
Of course he would get back the goal chances at Spurs or Arsenal or the Rags . They do not play our possession slow build up style of football . Something needs to change

Do you know who’s missed the most big chances in PL since 2010/11. Aguero. And for me, he’s my favourite player and the best striker in PL history, so I’m being as unbiased as possible. You know who had a bad 2nd season? Aguero.
True and agreed.
Haaland was brought in to be the difference maker though, to takes us to that "next level", we still haven't beaten Liverpool at Anfield and still haven't scored at Spurs away (which could change).

With all the goals Haaland scored last season, we still scored less goals in the league than the previous season, before Haaland our issue in the CL was we were never clinical enough, after yesterday's game, I'd say we still have the same problem.

Since he scored the hat trick against United 18 months ago here are the games against the top 5 sides in the league and his goal record. (22-23 was Arsenal, United, Newcastle, Liverpool) (23-24 is Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa, Spurs)

Liverpool a - 0
United a - 0
Arsenal a - Scored the 3rd
Newcastle h - 0
Arsenal h - Scored the 4th
United in the FA Cup Final - 0
Arsenal a - 0
Liverpool h - He actually scored to put us in front
Spurs h - 0
Villa a - 0
Liverpool a - 0
Arsenal h - 0

Champions league against the European Elite
Bayern h - Scored the 3rd
Bayern a - Scored to kill the tie and make it 4-0 on aggregate
Madrid a - 0
Madrid h - 0
Inter - 0
Madrid a - 0
Madrid h - 0

He's scored 5 goals in 19 games against top teams. 4 of which we were already winning (3 of them we were 2 goals up before he scored)

Where is the lie?
You said he never turns up against the top teams and then provided evidence that he does turn up against the top teams, just not as much as he did in his first season. So you've just told yourself where the lie is.

You said he never turns up against the top teams and then provided evidence that he does turn up against the top teams, just not as much as he did in his first season. So you've just told yourself where the lie is.
No, sounds more like, he's been figured out and teams have adjusted on how to defend against him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.