9 | Erling Haaland - 2024/25

Don't see a new contract as anything more than a formality. Madrid was only ever the threat if not us and they've gone hard on mbappe and Endrick, Erling isn't going to be in their eyesight anytime soon. If he is with us into his 30's and remains relatively fit, he'll break Shearers all time record comfortably and every other one along the way.
He would break it by 28

See the BBC can't help themselves! On the gossip page under Haaland to sign a new contract they have tha mail stating (I know I know) that it will have a release clause in it enough for Real Madrid to pay. Absolute and utter tossers of an organisation. Always comes with a caveat with us. I hope the release clause is 600 million. Apologies if already posted. CTWD

As a silly bit of fun during a dull international break and with talks of contract renewal, I was curious to answer a question.

If Haaland stayed at City for his whole career, and had similar longevity to Shearer, how many goals would he score?

Currently, he's clearly scoring at a rate which is faster than even the greatest players (see below for his performance vs. the top 5 PL goalscorers of all time). However, many will rightly argue he probably won't maintain this rate forever as an out-and-out striker. Looking at Cole and Shearer's lines below, there is a definite slow-down as they got later in their careers. Though worth noting, this isn't always the case. Kane is the best example of a striker that pretty much maintained his rate of scoring throughout his time in the PL, though he was younger when he left.

So with this in mind, I took Haaland's current rate of scoring and I modelled it onto the same parabolic trajectory as Shearer's. i.e. the difference between the scoring rate at the end of the career compared to the rate at the start is proportionally the same. They are both scoring at a 22% slower rate by season 14.

To cut to the chase, if Haaland retired at the same age as Shearer, he would finish on 396 Premier League goals. He would surpass Aguero and Cole in just his sixth season. He would break Shearer's record in his ninth season. He would surpass Dixie Dean in season 12, and finally he would pass Jimmy Greaves in season 14 to become the greatest top flight goalscorer in what by then will be 150 years of English football history.

Of course, there's a lot of assumptions baked into this... not least of which is that none of us are of the mind he will still be here in 2038. A fun thought experiment nonetheless.

1725802818876.png

See the BBC can't help themselves! On the gossip page under Haaland to sign a new contract they have tha mail stating (I know I know) that it will have a release clause in it enough for Real Madrid to pay. Absolute and utter tossers of an organisation. Always comes with a caveat with us. I hope the release clause is 600 million. Apologies if already posted. CTWD

Think Haaland will want a reasonable one if he is going to extend, maybe he fancies Madrid say when he is 27/28 and a release clause of around 150m I'd suspect he be look at.. we get 3 more seasons after this it be great..

Think Haaland will want a reasonable one if he is going to extend, maybe he fancies Madrid say when he is 27/28 and a release clause of around 150m I'd suspect he be look at.. we get 3 more seasons after this it be great..
It's not that he wants a clause or not blue, it's the fact that everything comes with a caveat. If the lad wants to go to Real eventually so be it. But he may not, he may extend again with us. Every story comes with a negative at the end. I wouldn't sell Real the steam of my shit personally as they are massive tap up merchants and very open about it. Anyway sign the lad up and get the best out of him for the next few years. CTWD

It's not that he wants a clause or not blue, it's the fact that everything comes with a caveat. If the lad wants to go to Real eventually so be it. But he may not, he may extend again with us. Every story comes with a negative at the end. I wouldn't sell Real the steam of my shit personally as they are massive tap up merchants and very open about it. Anyway sign the lad up and get the best out of him for the next few years. CTWD

Yeah never go on the bbc sport pages I just see what people say on here! When they were based London it was much fairer, then they moved to Manchester employed rag scouse kunts and this is what you get and to be fair I'd do the same the other way around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.