9 | Erling Haaland - 2024/25

The aggression he showed last night was impressive. No more being the nice guy, joking around, or letting defenders pat him on the head. That’s the mentality top players need to beat tough opposition. Hopefully, he maintains this fierceness in his game.

I was hoping we'd get more crosses in to him in the second half.

I don't understand why Doku and Savinho didn't swap wings, attack their fullbacks, get to the byline and put in crosses using their natural foot.
Was as bad a tactic as having Doku or Walker marking Gabriel. Pep is a genius and doesn’t get much wrong but the way we played 2nd half against a San Marino style set up was bizarre

I don't understand why Doku and Savinho didn't swap wings, attack their fullbacks, get to the byline and put in crosses using their natural foot.
Not a single over lap for them either. It was putrid to watch. I understand the modern game has become analytical and formulated but when chasing a game against 10 men, doing some "old fashioned shit" has to be done to break down a defense.

I’m waiting for the charges for throwing the ball at the players head, I mean he could have killed
Hilarious.The funniest part of this was in that moment Saliba had no idea what happened 'cos he had his shirt over his head.

I'm with you on that. There was no way through, that was the only logical approach, I know Pep doesn't like doing stuff like that but against that kind of opponent you have to do what's best, play the percentages, relentlessly sticking in crosses for half an hour would have resulted in at the very least more chances than we created by passing it side to side for that same length of time.

Haalands a huge threat himself and i'd have backed him to madr at least 1 cpunt had we consistently put in half decent balls but there were others getting in there too and theres always the very real threat of an own goal with that many people in the box.

It was baffling to me how we didnt start doing that after an hour and it became clear they had zero intention of coming out of their box. The fact nobody did it tells us it wasn't on doku/savinho for not doing it but a Pep instruction they were following.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.