#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 24 and being our first choice striker now, Gabriel needs to be having more impact on games like yesterday.

He, frustratingly, has a lot of games like yesterday.

He’s either brilliant or quiet.

At 24 and being our first choice striker now, Gabriel needs to be having more impact on games like yesterday.

He, frustratingly, has a lot of games like yesterday.

He’s either brilliant or quiet.
That’s football for you. Majority of players don’t put in brilliant performances every time they step on to the pitch. Jesus isn’t a world class player so he’s bound to have quiet games, just like Bernardo, Mahrez, Rodri, Cancelo. He recieves unfair criticism despite putting in some really good performances over the past few months.

What a load of shit.

Yesterday was so, so far from the first time he's basically disappeared when we really needed him. He's one of the most easily marked strikers I've ever seen. Other than get fouled for the red card and smash a shot into the legs of the closest defender, what did he do?

I like him and he's valuable in certain games but against deep defences he's just not at the level we should be aiming for.

I like Jesus, he's obviously nowhere near world class level but he does a job for us & works so hard.

Almost every game is a quiet game for Jesus. Sometimes he scores one of his few chances per match so we're obviously happy to forget his quietness, sometimes he doesn't and then we get frustrated because we were essentially playing a man down all match. Which is kind of fair enough considering that we're aspiring to be, and have all the tools needed to be, the best team in the world.

That's bollocks.

He isnt a main striker,no one is pretending such,he's a very good wide forward who keeps defenders busy and presses from the front while weighing in with good interplay and scoring a few goals.Never has he hid and never does he give less than his best,irrespective of the outcome.

I like Jesus, he's obviously nowhere near world class level but he does a job for us & works so hard.
I still maintain that his best performances for City have been when he plays wide left. He’s looked like wide left (and maybe right too because he’s definitely felixble and has many qualities) comes naturally to him.

If we are to bring in a true striker next season, we can move Foden into midfield and Jesus left.

I still maintain that his best performances for City have been when he plays wide left. He’s looked like wide left (and maybe right too because he’s definitely felixble and has many qualities) comes naturally to him.

If we are to bring in a true striker next season, we can move Foden into midfield and Jesus left.

Strikers decide the big games, under Mancini we had four, we’ve got none (Aguero non existent). Let’s get a false 6, that is actually a 9 :)

Strikers decide the big games, under Mancini we had four, we’ve got none (Aguero non existent). Let’s get a false 6, that is actually a 9 :)
He is a workhorse and influences games but he is not a match winner in big games. 13 shots on target in 23 games this season isn’t great for a side that creates as much as we do.

his shots on target percentage is lower than all our other offensive players including Torres. He needs to get into dangerous positions more often and this figure will improve.

Last edited:
I think we've all made our peace that he isn't going to be another Aguero but I think more discussion has to be had as to whether it benefits the team to have him starting games. I honestly don't think it does especially when we look at the underlying statistics such as pressures per 90 or goal creating actions per 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.