90's Dance & Old Skool Classics

No 8:
Vicky Martin - Not Gonna Do It

Another old skool garage classic.
The other one I loved from that year was Dionne Come Get My Lovin’ which I’m amazed never made the top 10.
This from Vicky is sublime though

Ah yeah, remember getting that on a compilation - North, sound of the underground - or similar. Brilliant.

No 9 in the chart:
Gimme The Music - Finchley Road.

The music - even the techno based stuff - had so much emotion back then.

I’ve got that North compilation too. That’s where I remember it from. Keep em coming mate.

At No 5, and it had to be on here somewhere didnt it, for a chart from a Manchester record shop:

Pacific State

No 4 in the chart, the track that was everywhere, but I think Pickering/Deconstruction might have been the earliest to champion it, and before it went mainstream it was definitely played on the proper club nights.

Ride On Time

At No 2, another one of the harder tunes that Park & Pickering played and also regular at Thunderdome & the rest. Frank De Wulf was probably my favourite producer around 89/90, and Liaisons D I also remember He Chilled Out, Sirenas.

But this was the one - used to give give it plenty to this - and it stayed as an underground track ;-)

Future FJP

Large

And yeah, so this was No 1.
I was never a big fan at the time, I recall thinking it was a bit of a gimmick track tbh.

Anyway, here’s the full 10 min version of French Kiss.

Anyone else got any big tunes from 89 that aren’t featured in this Top 10 ?
I did love Get Real by Paul Rutherford from Frankie, Beloved’s Sun Rising, Roxanne Shante’s Sharp As a Knife, and The Mackenzie’s Party People, to name a few.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.