90's Dance & Old Skool Classics

I don’t want to spam the forum with my mixcloud account, but these are the tunes on my latest mix mate

Goes a bit left field about 40 mins in for a few tunes, but looking at your taste, should be right up your postcode

Lots of piano :)

View attachment 124056
I got Twist for £4, out of a sad box, from Reflex Records on Oldham St. I had no money on me and had to ask them to keep hold of it while I ran to the bank. These were the days from before Discogs. No chance you would get anything like that these days. Even charity shops bump up the prices on vinyl. So much for charity.
That bump v Rhythm Foundation is by Project D. I had a copy of that pressed up. It was the only vinyl copy is existence. I think it is getting or has been recently pressed up by Salford City Records.
Cheers for the mix. Will bang it on at the gym, in the morning :-D

I got Twist for £4, out of a sad box, from Reflex Records on Oldham St. I had no money on me and had to ask them to keep hold of it while I ran to the bank. These were the days from before Discogs. No chance you would get anything like that these days. Even charity shops bump up the prices on vinyl. So much for charity.
That bump v Rhythm Foundation is by Project D. I had a copy of that pressed up. It was the only vinyl copy is existence. I think it is getting or has been recently pressed up by Salford City Records.
Cheers for the mix. Will bang it on at the gym, in the morning :-D
I’ve listened to some of yours mate. Love them. I know you’re a proper vinyl DJ, but if you use Traktor too, have you had a play with the remix decks & a Traktor F1?

I’ve only just started using them & they’re fucking awesome fun, so highly recommended if you want to drop different samples & loops into your mix (almost has an Ableton type of feel to it)

I’ve used them on my last few mixes on Mixcloud, so some of it’s far from perfect, but regardless, I’ve uploaded them anyway :)

Edit: Your knowledge of old school tracks is off the scale my friend

I’ve listened to some of yours mate. Love them. I know you’re a proper vinyl DJ, but if you use Traktor too, have you had a play with the remix decks & a Traktor F1?

I’ve only just started using them & they’re fucking awesome fun, so highly recommended if you want to drop different samples & loops into your mix (almost has an Ableton type of feel to it)

I’ve used them on my last few mixes on Mixcloud, so some of it’s far from perfect, but regardless, I’ve uploaded them anyway :)

Edit: Your knowledge of old school tracks is off the scale my friend
I'm up for using anything mate. People get far too precious about it. Dj'ing is about having fun and entertaining people. It does not matter what media you use. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the music.
I have recently got Serato and the time coded vinyl. Unfortunately I have not had much time this year to have a play with anything. My decks have been gathering dust.
I am quite enjoying listening to other people's mixes. You can learn a lot.
Keep up the good work, mate. Your mix is ace.

I'm up for using anything mate. People get far too precious about it. Dj'ing is about having fun and entertaining people. It does not matter what media you use. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the music.
I have recently got Serato and the time coded vinyl. Unfortunately I have not had much time this year to have a play with anything. My decks have been gathering dust.
I am quite enjoying listening to other people's mixes. You can learn a lot.
Keep up the good work, mate. Your mix is ace.
Been having more of a play with my remix decks today & tried to produce a tune with an old school piano vibe

I think it’s not too bad for a 1st attempt, but most importantly, it was ace fun making it literally on the fly with loads of loops

I might add some samples/sounds/bit more bass at a later date :)

Reactions: PPT
Been having more of a play with my remix decks today & tried to produce a tune with an old school piano vibe

I think it’s not too bad for a 1st attempt, but most importantly, it was ace fun making it literally on the fly with loads of loops

I might add some samples/sounds/bit more bass at a later date :)

Well I certainly can't do anything like that on my decks.
It proves the point really. The use of modern technology opens up so many new possibilities. They are skills in their own right.
It's sounds like a DMC mega mix. Cheers for that mate. Nice way to spend 5 minutes, while brewing up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.