93:20 Podcast - Transfer Talk

Really look forward to this podcast above all the others, I will definitely be subscribing as £4 per month is next to nothing in the grand scheme of things

It would be quite interesting to get fans of other teams to contribute if you are expanding the offering from next season , its always good to get a non city perspective on the league and how the season is progressing

Nah because right now we're not sure what time we're gonna talk. We've both got pretty busy days so may not be until late afternoon. Most likely it'll be up around tea time or just afterwards!

Cheers mate

Keep doing what your doing I'm more than happy to pay the four pounds per month

It would be quite interesting to get fans of other teams to contribute if you are expanding the offering from next season , its always good to get a non city perspective on the league and how the season is progressing

One of the new shows is actually going to be a PL show rather than a City one and we'll have contributors who support those clubs coming on.

We will start this show next month to give people a flavour of what the new content will sound like and what it will be about before we move it to subs.

I'll end up owing you before the first show's even finished!
yeah you say it a lot yeah. But I like the informality of the pod so try not to polish up too much. You could maybe be more consistent with a closing/ending song but it is one of my favourite pods and looking forward to the new content

yeah you say it a lot yeah. But I like the informality of the pod so try not to polish up too much. You could maybe be more consistent with a closing/ending song but it is one of my favourite pods and looking forward to the new content

Good point actually. For the last two years we've had opening / closing music on the pods. But I've been doing it without any intro/outro music the last month or so. For some reason to me the pods feel cleaner, more efficient, without the music. What d'you reckon ?

Good point actually. For the last two years we've had opening / closing music on the pods. But I've been doing it without any intro/outro music the last month or so. For some reason to me the pods feel cleaner, more efficient, without the music. What d'you reckon ?
I like it better with the music but enjoy that it isn't hugely 'produced' - like the bluemoon podcast feels to me. It feels like knowledgable mates having a chat rather than a radio show. If it was me I'd have the acoustic guitar track play over your intro then stop when you're introducing the guest either with a fade or if the bumper was just perfectly timed with the end of the track - i.e. just have a 30 second distinct piece of music to cover an intro and some waffle then intro the guests. I think you've done similar in the past. You could have a different bumper at the beginning to keep the different type of shows feeling distinct.

I listen to a pod called Ten Junk Miles that plays some outro music as the conversation is coming to a close. Then they do the "see ya next time" but then carry on talking rubbish over a long fade. I like that as it feels like you're part of an ongoing conversation. It is a bit more ramshackle than how you guys do the pods but there are lots of similarities - i.e. similar lengths, solo shows and gang shows. BUT I know it is a personal preference thing and not having the opening & outro music won't stop me subscribing so do what you want :)

I like all the contributors you have as they all have interesting things. They are interchangeable in that they all do a good job but they all have a distinct voice - damo does the science, stefan cuts through the bull, howard does the pessimism etc. Basically you are doing good work

I like it better with the music but enjoy that it isn't hugely 'produced' - like the bluemoon podcast feels to me. It feels like knowledgable mates having a chat rather than a radio show. If it was me I'd have the acoustic guitar track play over your intro then stop when you're introducing the guest either with a fade or if the bumper was just perfectly timed with the end of the track - i.e. just have a 30 second distinct piece of music to cover an intro and some waffle then intro the guests. I think you've done similar in the past. You could have a different bumper at the beginning to keep the different type of shows feeling distinct.

I listen to a pod called Ten Junk Miles that plays some outro music as the conversation is coming to a close. Then they do the "see ya next time" but then carry on talking rubbish over a long fade. I like that as it feels like you're part of an ongoing conversation. It is a bit more ramshackle than how you guys do the pods but there are lots of similarities - i.e. similar lengths, solo shows and gang shows. BUT I know it is a personal preference thing and not having the opening & outro music won't stop me subscribing so do what you want :)

I like all the contributors you have as they all have interesting things. They are interchangeable in that they all do a good job but they all have a distinct voice - damo does the science, stefan cuts through the bull, howard does the pessimism etc. Basically you are doing good work

I'll look into the music thing this weekend. Do some edits and see what I like/don't like. In the meantime the chat with Graham Hunter's up.

http://ninetythreetwenty.com/podcasts/transfer-talk-iv/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.