A bit late, but....

Lancet Fluke said:
waspish said:
Why don't we try something different for once instead of shooting Every time we have a free kick?

Don't have to be too clever, just trying a curled shot in the top far corner rather than blasting it as hard as possible in a straight line would do me.

The Scousers also shuffled forward a couple of yards with the ref watching so Zico, Messi or Platini would have trouble scoring with the wall six yards away

Tim of the Oak said:
Lancet Fluke said:
waspish said:
Why don't we try something different for once instead of shooting Every time we have a free kick?

Don't have to be too clever, just trying a curled shot in the top far corner rather than blasting it as hard as possible in a straight line would do me.

The Scousers also shuffled forward a couple of yards with the ref watching so Zico, Messi or Platini would have trouble scoring with the wall six yards away

Not just talking about that match though. Just in general we should try to be a bit more subtle with our freekicks.

Ash said:
I have only just remembered this and asked a few blues who say they saw it.

On 2 occasions the referee only counted out 8 yards for the wall against Liverpool.

What the fuck was that about?!

I noticed that! It looked like the firm in the Colin Bell were well kicking-off at that Lino - chucking empty werthers wrappers at him and everything!

I did notice that he counted 8 steps. But there's nothing wrong with that as long as it's 10 yards. (Whether 8 of his steps is 10 yards is another matter.)
What annoyed me was the wall creeping forward, which was pointed out by, Kolarov, and he just told him to get on with it.

I counted it out when he did it and I was fuming, there was no way the walls were 10 yards back. Nothing is ever said though, it just gets overlooked or ignored. Out of all the other things the ref did on Sunday that frustrated me the most (aside from the blatant free kick that never was).

Ash said:
I have only just remembered this and asked a few blues who say they saw it.

On 2 occasions the referee only counted out 8 yards for the wall against Liverpool.

What the fuck was that about?!

Yes, it was 8 paces, but what got me was the number of times he made the players move the ball back 6 inches before they could take their free kicks.

Ben888 said:
I counted it out when he did it and I was fuming, there was no way the walls were 10 yards back. Nothing is ever said though, it just gets overlooked or ignored. Out of all the other things the ref did on Sunday that frustrated me the most (aside from the blatant free kick that never was).

He took 8 paces which doesn't mean 8 yards.

Come on lads, engage your brains.

marl0we said:
I did notice that he counted 8 steps. But there's nothing wrong with that as long as it's 10 yards. (Whether 8 of his steps is 10 yards is another matter.)
What annoyed me was the wall creeping forward, which was pointed out by, Kolarov, and he just told him to get on with it.

I take it ur not in the building game, 8 steps = 8 yards, if tall allow for it, if short longer strides. Obviously not to the mm, but prem refs no the score! AGENDA!

After kolarov's free kick was blocked by a moving wall, i thought the shot might have been on target had the wall been 10 yards out.

I've had a bee in my bonnet about this for ages. I can see with my own eyes that invariably the wall is not back ten yards. Yesterday was the most blatant demonstration of it. I was fuming when he only stepped 8 yards.

Is it any wonder therefore that our free kicks are woeful. It is difficult enough to score from a direct free kick, but trying to get the ball up, over and down with the wall being only 8 yards away is probably I would argue impossible. Hence we either hit the wall or it sails over the bar.

If I was a city player I would move the ball back if the wall seems too close. Also, again, I don't see why technology can't be used here to make sure the wall is 10 yards ? Surely the authorities should want everything to be fair and above board?

Not only that, for a defending team, you may as well foul around the box as the likelihood of us scoring is zero so its just possession back to the defending team.

Another area of the game open to manipulation, when are we going to see football demonstrate to us the fans that they want fairness and transparency ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.