A Bit More of City Dissapears.........

Blueboy Danny said:
CooperMcfcF/W said:
A times they are a changing............... New city store on Langley, i can see it now.

Hopefully right next door to my house!

You sure? Just wait until the queues start at 1am for the launch of the new midnight blue puma away kit.

All those folk wrapped up in blankets with their flasks and sandwiches. Be like sitting in the Colin Bell level two seats.

kitcub said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
That's not the same is it? They are still doing the same job, selling the same gear, in the same place. It's just that KitBag pays their wages and not the club.

You have a valid point. For those few who are kept on. Nothing's been confirmed yet that people will lose their jobs, but logistically the current numbers just do not fit with the new operational models suggested at the initial meeting. For those few, yes they will still be selling City gear from the CityStore at the COMS, but for many of the so called 'casual' workers like myself it's a different story.

I'm not in a position where I can pick up a full time or 30hr contract, as part of my year I'm at Uni, so the hours I can work vary week to week, which is why a casual basis works really well for both the club and me - under the new regime, everyone will be contracted - so I will go from working 4 days a week for City, to working match days for Kitbag. It is nowhere near enough to be able to pay my rent as a mature student, so even though I love my job at City (and even though I'm pretty much a City fan by default now, even though I'm from another part of the country!) I find myself in the position where I'm having to look for another job when I really don't want to leave... :(

kitcub!

if you are who we think you are then i'd have thought you would have more sense than to write stuff on here about this. yes, it's ur opinion but other staff who you work along side read this and you are worrying them more than they are already.

up until today nobody knew anything. you might be a casual and not have a written contract but you have a verbal 1 and kitbag are taking you and all the other casuals on as well as all the full timers. under the tupe law, you will still be employed under the same terms and conditions as you have now. and yes, you do have them even though you are classed as a casual.

so, until you go back to work and find out facts, stop writing stupid stuff on here as you aren't helping the matter! we are being outsourced to kitbag fair enough but it's a positive thing not a bad thing! at least the store isn't having to deal with what the warehouse and mail order are having to deal with. yeh, we've not had a long time to deal with it and in most people's opinion it has been shit the way we were told but at the end of the day, it's happening on the 19th whether you like it or not!

let's see what happens before you start speculating about something you don't know anything about yet!

ono said:
Does that mean the merchandise will be of better quality. My Old Man bought me a couple of t-shirts from the Arndale store yesterday and the quality is abolsute dog shit. I was actually going to have a bit of a rant about it last night but i'd probably get told to stop moaning. It's a shame because the t-shirts look really nice on the website, but actually they're not even Fruit of the Loom quality. Mishapen, wide bodied with arm holes that The Rock would struggle to fill.

The Umbro stuff has been top quality, but there 'City' stuff is a load of shite.

You get what you pay for my friend which is why they are 2 for £20, if you want better quality you will pay more as with anywhere!

Happy Feet said:
I am thinking of travelling from Ashton to middleton in the next couple of days, can anyone tell me of any hotels en route that i could stay at?

That made me lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.