A box to box midfielder.

Blue Streak

Watching City this season set's me off thinking?

We play lovely technical football, passing and rotating. More than often through the middle, although when Johnson is involved or the fullback's 'bomb forward' we can stretch teams down the flanks as well.

But what if we had a midfielder who would literally just get the ball and 'drive forward' with it? Watching footage of Colin Bell first got me thinking about this. Then I remembered the very similar contribution Micheal Johnson made when he broke into the team. For other's think of Gerrard or Lampard at there absolute best for Liverpool and Chelsea. Now I know Yaya is capable of this and as much as I love him, he does at times appear to be playing as though he has a fridge freezer strapped to his back and after a lung bursting run is absolutely knackered.

Not knocking our current system by any means. More of a case of wondering if this could be another option? We all know Mancini is willing to change tactics and players depending on who we are playing so perhaps this might be worth looking into?

pretty sure yaya moves alot better than lampard in the box to box role, id say hes one of the best out there as a complete midfielder

dan1987 said:
pretty sure yaya moves alot better than lampard in the box to box role, id say hes one of the best out there as a complete midfielder

Point is obviously being missed. If so forget the comparison with Lampard. Think Colin Bell in his prime. Yaya makes one lung bursting run and then is completely knackered for 15 mins. Just my personal opinion our multi talented midfield could be further improved.

cookster said:
Yaya
Milner

That's enough I'd say!

Quick, direct winger please!

We had that in Sweep and he's no longer here. Obviously Mancini prefers to play the majority of attack play through the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.