A Bully

loui_mcfc said:
Just to be clear this isn't a moan and not really anything to with todays game (although inspired by it). It seems to me that the thing we miss most as a team is the type of player that is going to bully the opposition and put a few big tackles to spark a bit of fear into them. NDJ was capable of this but to be honest I think we're missing a player with a real nasty streak (e.g. Andy Morrison).

Thoughts?

Not fair to mention the likes of Andy Morrison under the title bully, he was the opposite. I am sure what you meant was someone like Andy to stand up to the bullies.

You want a bully who opposition fear but also has the skill and ability to create?

Look no further than Danielle De Rossi! I'd make him top priority along with Cavani. We are in dire need of a tough tackling midfielder and deep lying playmaker in DDR we would get both, the guy is an animal

LHarper said:
adrianr said:
We need someone better than Barry and better than De Jong. Barry is better than De Jong for the role we want him to play in midfield, he's a huge reason we were so good domestically last season.

Unfortunately this season for me has been the one season too many for Barry as a starter. I'd really like him to stick around, he would be perfect to bring on when seeing out a game, but to upgrade that position could really revolutionise the side. I'd be throwing 40m at Juventus for Vidal before throwing that much at Napoli for Cavani.

Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk or Blaise Matuidi from PSG would also be cheaper alternatives to Vidal.

Agree with all of the above and the importance in considering cheaper alternatives to the likes of De Rossi and Vidal. A lot depends on who stays/goes and how much we want to spend on specific positional improvements.

Cavani, for example, would improve our attacking options but would the expense hamper our ability to improve our central midfield? Would signing Cavani and Fernandinho be preferable to signing say Vidal and a striker not quite so good/expensive as Cavani? If Dzeko leaves we will definitely need another striker.

The greatest football team I've ever seen is the Barcelona team of the last 4 or 5 seasons. I can't really think of a bully in their team..... Suppose Puyol would be the nearest.

BibbyBlue85 said:
You want a bully who opposition fear but also has the skill and ability to create?

Look no further than Danielle De Rossi! I'd make him top priority along with Cavani. We are in dire need of a tough tackling midfielder and deep lying playmaker in DDR we would get both, the guy is an animal

He was the player I was thinking of too, but I don't think he's going to move here. Mancini's been chasing him for ages now and nothing has happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.