A Celebration of Stuart Hall art COMS

theonlyd said:
man is a legend. Good ten years or so ago the five live commentry went over to stuart at ewood park who spent 30 seconds saying how poor both sides were before finishing with "the score is Blackburn Dull. Everton Dull".

More of this, less of that t**t Alan Green please.

Agree about the odious creature that is Alan Green.

Horrible, narcissistic toad.

A broadcasting genius and someone with such a positive outlook - always laughing - him and Eddie Waring were the "Morecambe and Wise" of sports commentary - Hall cracking up on it´s a knockout worth it´s weight in gold!

Stuart Hall is part of football history for a generation of us.

You got back to the car after the game at Maine Road and everyone when quiet as the theme tune to Sports Report came on. In those days you probably knew none of the other scores at this point. that famous theme tune still transports me to the back of my Dad's car.

You sat quietly in the car listening to the scores and Stuart Hall's match report was always the one everyone lsitened to and laughed at

He once did one where he described the ground, the kits, the weather and all this general stuff. Then the only thing he said about the game was "Wimbledon Nil Everton Nil. Enough Said"

Tight as a ducks are.

Used to deliver to his house in Alderley Edge, lovely place, proper gent, always had a natter about City, I broke the news to him about signing Weah, he said it wont last long.
Come Xmas time and he has his Xmas delivery he had a garage full of beer, when he asked me to hold on so he could sort me my Xmas goodies I thought I was onto a winner, like fuck,
A copy of 'The Best of Its a Knockout' on VHS, I had got rid of my video and upgraded to DVD.

A man who as ablue would take the piss out of us in his match reports but he ment it in jest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.