A certain Colin Bell and Micah richards

NICKS BACK said:
Sure let someone else reap the benefits of Richards, Onouha, Ireland, Johnson, Evans and Sturridge. Not to mention letting SWP and Barton.

The best crop of academy footballers this country has produced since United brought through their crop in the mid nineties.

If Barton had gone to MU rather than us, he would have not turned out the same. He would have been moulded in to a great footballer, SWP more speed and ability than Beckham, Barton better than Butt. Richards is better than the Chuckles, Ireland and Johnson have as much ability as Scholes.

What they do and did not have was firm guidance. Argue if you wish.

When Beckham and co. came through, MU had the money available to surround them with other quality players and build a successful team.

Had we been in the same financial situation in the eighties when our own great crop of lads appeared, we may have done the same; unfortunately it didn't happen then.

Maybe this time....

Psychodelic said:
Bobby Charlton?? I wish all and sundry would stop gushing over this overrated twat. Its all you ever hear when talk of 60s football comes up; usually every other day in the press. Colin Bell was miles better than this prick ever could hope to be.

Charlton was not over rated, by the way I am quoting fact it was 4 years after the game against Germany that Bell came into his own as an England footballer, my point is, if we keep slaughtering Richards in the same way it will take just as long, read properly before frothing at the mouth because a man Utd player is mentioned, before you comment.

Additionally I watched the game in 1970, Beckenbauer was allowed to roam free after Charlton was taken off, Bell spent alot of time on the right wing and Hunter was brought on to nullify the threat of Beckenbauer, Grabowski played a blinder but Beckenbauer grabbed the game by the throat.

Irrelevant as that is not the point of this post

Psychodelic said:
Bobby Charlton?? I wish all and sundry would stop gushing over this overrated twat. Its all you ever hear when talk of 60s football comes up; usually every other day in the press. Colin Bell was miles better than this prick ever could hope to be.

Take your bitter glasses off pal. The ticket tout was never overrated. He's one of the best footballers this country has produced.

NICKS BACK said:
Psychodelic said:

Charlton was not over rated, by the way I am quoting fact it was 4 years after the game against Germany that Bell came into his own as an England footballer, my point is, if we keep slaughtering Richards in the same way it will take just as long, read properly before frothing at the mouth because a man Utd player is mentioned, before you comment.

Additionally I watched the game in 1970, Beckenbauer was allowed to roam free after Charlton was taken off, Bell spent alot of time on the right wing and Hunter was brought on to nullify the threat of Beckenbauer, Grabowski played a blinder but Beckenbauer grabbed the game by the throat.

Irrelevant as that is not the point of this post
Charlton was taken off because he was fucked,the damage was already done because Beckenbauer scored just before Charlton was taken off.
Charlton snuffed the threat out in 66 but he didn't in 70 & we had plenty of chances to win the game after Charlton went off.
Oh & i watched the game aswell.
Charlton has argued that it was not the substitution which changed the game, and pointed out that Germany scored their first goal before Charlton was substituted, and also that the German team at the time had a habit of coming back in games indicates that it is wrong to blame the substitutions for England's defeat.
That's from the horses mouth.

In total Bell won 48 caps and scored nine goals for England. He also captained the national team for a game in 1972, a defeat to Northern Ireland. Despite these successes, Bell was upset that he was unable to better make his name on the world stage when England failed to qualify for the World Cup in 1974, a failure which also forced England manager Alf Ramsey's departure. Bell's former manager at Manchester City Joe Mercer took over as caretaker of the national side and chose Bell to play in every game that he was in charge.

Bell is regarded as one of England's finest ever midfield players, being described by one commentator as 'the most finished article in the modern game'. His finest performances for his country included scoring twice in the 7-0 demolition of Austria, and also helping England defeat World Champions Germany 2-0 in 1975 at the one hundredth international game played at Wembley Stadium. The team that beat the Germans in that game consisted of a forward line-up of Mick Channon, Kevin Keegan, Malcolm Macdonald, Alan Hudson and Alan Ball as well as Bell. Channon has commented that he did not understand why the manager at the time, Don Revie, did not continue with this line-up which he considered was as good as any forward line England had had since 1970.
He also played from 70 onwards getting another 34 caps so his career did NOT stall for 4yrs.
Strange thread this,comparing Bell with Micah is silly especially for the reasons stated in the thread starter.

Micah Richards is vastly overated
a lack of footballing ability means he will never be any better than average

Am i missing something here, i can't work out the comparison. Two different players in two completely different footballing eras. One is a legend and the other is just worried where his next breitling watch is coming from. By the time Bell played for England in the 1970 world cup he had already accumulated a league champions winners medal, fa cup winners medal,cup winners cup winners medal and a league cup winners medal. Not as if he was on a downward spiral was it?

Please please please do not compare citys greatest ever player in Colin Bell and Micah Richards.

One is an absolute legend - the other thinks he is in his head.

No positional awareness, only gave bedtner 4 free yards on sunday to score the winner, free jump for cahill week before.

Grow up and make decent comparisions - Richards = Bramble after he exploded on the scene at Ipswich.

NICKS BACK said:
Micah will become one of the best players in the world at either Def mid-field or Centre half, he will be as good, if not better than Paul Mcgrath, but he needs a bit of encouragement, which clearly he is not getting on the terraces, or on this forum.

There is no chance he can become a defensiver Midfielder. He cannot pass a ball more than 5 yards andhe hasnt got quick feet (skill) to be able to move the ball quickly. Two of the most important traits of that position.

Chid said:
NICKS BACK said:
Micah will become one of the best players in the world at either Def mid-field or Centre half, he will be as good, if not better than Paul Mcgrath, but he needs a bit of encouragement, which clearly he is not getting on the terraces, or on this forum.

There is no chance he can become a defensiver Midfielder. He cannot pass a ball more than 5 yards andhe hasnt got quick feet (skill) to be able to move the ball quickly. Two of the most important traits of that position.

I have never seen him do this either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.