A disgrace?

Mancini disrespects smaller teams to much and respects the big teams too much! Fuck looking at the bigger picture celebrating a trophy win would be nice and with Chelsea Liverpool spurs everton and the likes already out we would have a great chance. Makes me sick to think we've literally bottled a game tonight. Players like bellamy couldn't get in our squad apparently so where's the usage of our depth instead of playing a whole defense of youth. I'm actually gutted that after all the emotion that came with our run in the cc last year that we've chucked it away cos our multi million pound players can't play every 3 days for 90 minutes

Disgrace is too soft a word. I'd call it absolutely fucking disgusting.

Mourinho, a proper manager, made the carling cup his top priority in his first season. Win the trophy = monkey off the back, pressure off and move onto bigger things.

In the process, you turn a bunch of mercenaries into a team. You can then command the respect of your players and, whilst some remain unhappy on the bench, THEY ARE HAPPY AT THE CLUB BECAUSE THEY WIN MEDALS!!!! That is how you create the player mentality at Chelsea Mancini has been blabbing on about in the press this week.

All this resting players for Chelsea and CL is pure bollocks. Chelsea have a better team and better players, they will turn us over no problem on Saturday and Mancini 'll look a proper ****. Even if we do beat them, so fucking what, we'll not be champions if we can't put Big fat twat Sam's Blackburn away at home.

Taking it further, what's the fooking point in qualifying for the CL? It's just something else we won't win, getting turned over by real teams infront of empty blue seats. Case in point, Juve are in town soon and we won't even sell out for that. This club is simply not geared for mixing it with the big boys because the mentality running through the club is not one determined enough for success as tonight has shown.

The team selection tonight was a fucking joke and an insult to the Blues who made the effort to go. SWP and Silva should have started as bare fooking minimum. Silva has hardly kicked a ball for us...tonight should have been the 'Welcome to England, David' match...as it was, he comes on for 10 miutees!!! What's the point in that? People slag Redknapp, but Van der vaart will prove a better buy than Silva purely because he will adapt to life in England.

As for going with youth, again, it's pointless with the path we have chosen. City may as well disband the youth set-up as it's never produced a player of real top quality and it's infested with rag twats with their hands out. We buy our quality in, we don't develop it, as do Stretford and Chelsea. We may as well let the likes of Everton and Villa get the kids, blood them and then we'll pay £25M for the finished article. We don't have the time to pick 14/15 year old kids and hope they come good.

Macini, I don't give a fook about the CL, I don't give a fook about Chelsea on Saturday and I don't give a fook about developing players. If you need quality players, we can just buy them, it's been 35 years AND I WANT A FOOKING TROPHY!!!

jord_theblue said:
Mancini disrespects smaller teams to much and respects the big teams too much! Fuck looking at the bigger picture celebrating a trophy win would be nice and with Chelsea Liverpool spurs everton and the likes already out we would have a great chance. Makes me sick to think we've literally bottled a game tonight. Players like bellamy couldn't get in our squad apparently so where's the usage of our depth instead of playing a whole defense of youth. I'm actually gutted that after all the emotion that came with our run in the cc last year that we've chucked it away cos our multi million pound players can't play every 3 days for 90 minutes

Our multi-million pound players can play 90 mins every 3 days. But when they are competing against similar athletes in the premiership an extra game can make all the difference, especially in a agme against a side like Chelsea where we will need every advantage we can get.

We would all like to win every match but the likes of Wenger, Redknapp have all followed the same policy as Mancini surely that tells you something.

just arrived back after watching the game , feel cheated wasted good money and time on what was basically a reserve team ,I felt that this was a competition that we could win and that we will regret this if it goes tits up in the other competitions , I am old enough to remember us winning something but sadly a lot haven't many of whom were there tonight , the general feeling is we have thrown an opportunity down the pan.

franksinatra said:
jord_theblue said:

Our multi-million pound players can play 90 mins every 3 days. But when they are competing against similar athletes in the premiership an extra game can make all the difference, especially in a agme against a side like Chelsea where we will need every advantage we can get.

We would all like to win every match but the likes of Wenger, Redknapp have all followed the same policy as Mancini surely that tells you something.

wenger has class youth at his disposal and people like redknapp did it to a certain extent like other posters have said why not play silva and swp tonight why not play zab. They've all been bit part. Why yet again give people the chance to knock his credentials as city manager. Does he not no what winning a trophy would mean to us?!

borninm14 said:
just arrived back after watching the game , feel cheated wasted good money and time on what was basically a reserve team ,I felt that this was a competition that we could win and that we will regret this if it goes tits up in the other competitions , I am old enough to remember us winning something but sadly a lot haven't many of whom were there tonight , the general feeling is we have thrown an opportunity down the pan.

Fair enough for going mate and although I can understand the reson behind all the changes Im sure if I had travelled all that way I would be infuriated with the team selection.

I suppose we won't know until the end of the season if it was the right decision. Although im sure nobody expected the results that happened tonight.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:08 pm --<br /><br />wenger has class youth at his disposal and people like redknapp did it to a certain extent like other posters have said why not play silva and swp tonight why not play zab. They've all been bit part. Why yet again give people the chance to knock his credentials as city manager. Does he not no what winning a trophy would mean to us?![/quote]

In fairness mate Wengers kids have never won the carling cup for him either and so it could be considered a wasted opportunity for the Arsenal team over the last few years.

I take the point about SWP, although I presumed he was injured.

As for Zab, by all accounts Greg Cunningham had a tough time tonight and as Zab is our current left back would it be worth risking him before the Chelsea game.

Silva will start against Chelsea I would expect, and as by his own admission he isn't fully 100 percent as yet due to a long summer at the world cup. So it would be foolish to give him two games in the space of two and a half days

]Mancini isn't on the same level and Mourinho though. I do agree though he really should have put a better team out there tonight, especially when you look at the teams that went out.

I would have fancied a full strength team to beat Arsenal and United.

I have said it all along, i am not entirely sure if i rate Mancini as a manager that can take us forward. I still think Hughes (didn't really like him either) given time would have finished in the same position as Mancini did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.