A fact about a famous song ...

Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl' was originally called 'Brown Skinned Girl'.

It was written for his then girlfriend, Cissy Houston (mother of Whitney, sister of Donne Warwick). Cissy - who later became a backing singer for Elvis Presley - called it off with Van before the song was recorded, leaving Van a tad miffed*. He then changed the title of the song as an act of defiance/ vengance.

*Van is no longer miffed about this. Van is the cheeriest, happiest c##t this side of Santa f##king Clause, right?!

Don Mclean was the inspiration for The Fugees 'Killing me Softly With his Song' which was originally a hit for Roberta Flack. Roberta Flack's other big hit was 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face' which was written by Ewan McColl. Ewan's daughter, Kirsty McColl, sang 'There's A Guy Works Down The Chip Shop Swears He's Elvis'. Elvis recorded 'And I Love You So' which was written by Don McLean.

See? Don't f##k with me. You people have no idea what goes through my tiny, little brain!

anyone who like pictures of cats, will have this sung or thought about them in later life

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlBMnUImUqg&feature=related[/youtube]

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
moon said:
mrt4919 said:
Paul McCartney wrote Yesterday in memory of his mother after her death.
Yesterday was originally called scrambled eggs
Yes, whenever McCartney saw scrambled eggs, he thought of his mother...

What do you think he would think of if he saw scrambled legs...

Coat on

Lavinda Past said:
moon said:
Yesterday was originally called scrambled eggs

Coat on

So much better
McCartney began writing lyrics to suit it. As Lennon and McCartney were known to do at the time, a substitute working lyric, titled "Scrambled Eggs" (the working opening verse was "Scrambled Eggs/Oh, my baby how I love your legs"),

moon said:
Lavinda Past said:

Coat on

So much better
McCartney began writing lyrics to suit it. As Lennon and McCartney were known to do at the time, a substitute working lyric, titled "Scrambled Eggs" (the working opening verse was "Scrambled Eggs/Oh, my baby how I love your legs"),

Almost prophetic. Never knew that - Are you wearing an anorak? ;)<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:26 pm --<br /><br />
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
The tune to The Smiths song 'Panic' was a ripped off from T-Rex's 'Metal Guru'

Spooky... Gloria Jones started to panic after her mini hit that tree...

mad4city said:
Don Mclean was the inspiration for The Fugees 'Killing me Softly With his Song' which was originally a hit for Roberta Flack. Roberta Flack's other big hit was 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face' which was written by Ewan McColl. Ewan's daughter, Kirsty McColl, sang 'There's A Guy Works Down The Chip Shop Swears He's Elvis'. Elvis recorded 'And I Love You So' which was written by Don McLean.

See? Don't f##k with me. You people have no idea what goes through my tiny, little brain!

Cracking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.