A great insight to Khaldoon and Abu Dhabi

The Blue

<a class="postlink" href="http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2007/03/19/8402357/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/ ... /index.htm</a>

Made me laugh when his phone goes during the interview and he says "when the crown prince calls, you answer"!

As far as spending money goes we are like a Friday night on the piss for these blokes, if you use a normal bloke scale of money like

Impeccable said:
Doesn't make much difference, but the article is over 3 years old according to the date on it.

yeah, if you google Khaldoon its one of the first articles on there. Just shows you what these guys were upto before/during/after the takeover.

I´ve read it earlier but I still think we can find some clues to how they look at City in that article.

A) They want the best club ever, and they have studied all the mega-clubs to se how it was done and how it might be done even better. Just like they studied other Cities before making the plans for Abu Dhabi City.

B) Money is no object, this goes beyond making a profit because like many of their pet-projects in Abu Dhabi that cost them billions it´s really about showing the world and their own people something breathtakingly beautiful if you follow me.

C) The crown prince is calling the shoots as leader of the Bani Fatima.
Sheikh Mansour would hardly go against his older, richer and more powerful brother, and the crown prince would not have sent us Khaldoon to keep an eye on things if he was indifferent or against the City project.

D) They get things done...Delays are frowned upon.

S04 said:
I´ve read it earlier but I still think we can find some clues to how they look at City in that article.

A) They want the best club ever, and they have studied all the mega-clubs to se how it was done and how it might be done even better. Just like they studied other Cities before making the plans for Abu Dhabi City.

B) Money is no object, this goes beyond making a profit because like many of their pet-projects in Abu Dhabi that cost them billions it´s really about showing the world and their own people something breathtakingly beautiful if you follow me.

C) The crown prince is calling the shoots as leader of the Bani Fatima.
Sheikh Mansour would hardly go against his older, richer and more powerful brother, and the crown prince would not have sent us Khaldoon to keep an eye on things if he was indifferent or against the City project.

D) They get things done...Delays are frowned upon.

Then they should make haste and release the grand plans for the development of the rumoured Lidl, 12 bedroom Premier Inn, dodgems and Buckingham Bingo :)

avoidconfusion said:
. "He's like a CEO running a major corporation," Khaldoon says. "He wants results, and he wants them now."

That is a bit worrying... :)

Don´t be like that, Sheikh Mohammed have been doing regular visits to Barcelona for some time now.
I bet he have a vision of us doing better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.