A huge leap of faith.

My best mate is the same, and I think (with hindsight now) that CBT actually saved her life some years ago.
She cleared up the shite in her life and moved on. Lives in Malaga now and is happy. Was a long mental haul, but she got there

Every time we hear NHS mental health waiting lists, it kills me wondering how many people are like I was, just one hour session away from a crisis being totally manageable. In the 3 days between going to the GP to tell him I was struggling and getting a private therapy appointment, the doctor gave me beta blockers, sertraline and some benzodiazepines. Probably more than £80 (ie more than the therapist) worth of medication and I used about 3 pills.

53 and I think I experienced my first panic attack this morning, such is the dread and depression I’m feeling over my work.

I’m sat here now and I literally can’t function. I simply don’t know what I can do.

I wouldn't know where to start to advise you other than please go to a doctor, your mental health is just as real as a broken leg or a physical medical condition.

We are not big and tough we are people, don't succumb to it my friend fight it!!

Every time we hear NHS mental health waiting lists, it kills me wondering how many people are like I was, just one hour session away from a crisis being totally manageable.
Absolutely.
I see it so many times in the course of my job. So many people, with just a little attention and time, that could be helped.
Just an "intervention" away.

Absolutely.
I see it so many times in the course of my job. So many people, with just a little attention and time, that could be helped.
Just an "intervention" away.

And the stuff I covered with my CBT therapist could all have been taught in school in CPSHE or whatever they call it these days and I’d probably have never had a panic attack ever, or been better equipped to deal with one.

You’re 100% right, early treatment or when possible prevention is better in every way.

And the stuff I covered with my CBT therapist could all have been taught in school in CPSHE or whatever they call it these days and I’d probably have never had a panic attack ever, or been better equipped to deal with one.

You’re 100% right, early treatment or when possible prevention is better in every way.
It definitely is.

It's horrendous how some young men, in particular, have few role models or people to turn to. A safe space to go and just speak to someone.
Yet they get labelled so early, when truth is they just need someone to mentor and care for them.

I'm not saying that's the answer per se, just that youngsters need to be cared for and listened to.
And mental health care in the community really needs lots of investment.

A lack of imagination, come to think of it that explains the football.
They’ve both got stellar records, IMHO. Warnock’s managed most matches and won most promotions whilst Hodgson has done it in numerous countries. Thought his Fulham team were great.

53 and I think I experienced my first panic attack this morning, such is the dread and depression I’m feeling over my work.

I’m sat here now and I literally can’t function. I simply don’t know what I can do.
This is actually more common than you may think. The first step may be to speak to your doctor/partner/boss/colleague. Offloading how you feel is often the catalyst for the start of your recovery. That may well be leaving your job, but not neccesarily. Sometimes all you need is some time away from work to recharge your batteries, rest your brain and work out the best way forward. Work is extremely stressful at times and it can get on top of you. However the thought of what people may think or how work will react is often much worse than the reality. Fingers crossed you get some space to breathe and clear your head. It can do you the world of good to take a break.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.