A Lazio fans view...

City Raider

Have a mate in Rome who is a huge Lazio fan, loves City too and has been over for a few games, anyway I emailed him for the inside track on Mancini, here is his response - I've not bothered to correct his English...

Mancini began his manager carrier as the assistent of Mr Eriksson on the Lazio bench.

Then in the season 2001/02 he managed Fiorentina winning the Italian FA Cup. The majority of the italian managers said that wasn't fair to allow Mancini to be a manager because he didn't have the Italian League license that permits to manage in the Serie A. The Italian League made an exception for him.
Then he left Fiorentina during next season because of fans hard critics about the lack of effort of his team.
Fiorentina went in the Serie B that year.
He managed Lazio two years collecting an Italian FA Cup, an Italian FA Cup semifinal and a Uefa cup semifinal that we lost against mourinho's Porto.
Lazio had a nice and offensive way of playing with him and the fans support him a lot calling the team "The Mancini's gang".
When Lazio was on the way of bankrupt he succeded in rising his salary from 1 million euros to 3, 5 million euros and then he left to go to Inter.
He was a traitor for Lazio fans that used to insult him when Lazio played vs Inter.
With Inter he wasn't so popular with the fans but he won three Scudettos in four seasons. One of those was assigned by the League after the bribe scandal among teams and refs.

He is very, very greedy and I don't think he is gonna a be a good manager in England.

So basically hes brilliant but this guys hate him as he sees it as he shafted the team he supports...

Interesting. Wonder how this is all going to pan out?

Paulmcfc2703 said:
He left lazio for inter and in the process pissed off the fans. Hardly an unbiased opinion

That's how I see it. Looks like he was a flop at Fiorentina, got them relegated but had success at Lazio and the fans loved him - they now hate him coz they feel he betrayed them, but that doesn't make him a bad manager - in fact probably the opposite as they wouldn't waste their energy hating a shit manager, its the successful ones tend to get stick

Lets be honest they are going to be a little bitter we gave them Ousmane Dabo back...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.