A lot of you will regret what you've said when you calm down

Cobwebcat said:
all Bellers had to do was keep the ball why try a cross-field pass?

Funny that, because someone on another thread was claiming we lost because we sat back and didn't have the desire to really go for it at the end. Seems like that's exactly what Bellamy was doing. It didn't turn out well today, but if it had just got over the United player and SWP had run through and scored.... And the game was really that close - we could just as easily have won it, and then everyone decrying our tactics and motivation would be over the blue moon about how fantastic we were.

The thing is, for all the pain that's associated with losing to "them", their two late goals in the league have still only cost us 2 points - the same as we threw away by drawing against Hull at home. And drawing against Sunderland at home. And drawing against Burnley at home. And drawing against Fulham at home.

Also, bear in mind that to beat us on those occasions, they had to score with virtually the last kick of the game. Think about it. These games are now so close they turn on almost nothing (and if we keep at it, we'll get the breaks sooner or later against them).

Don't forget that we still control our own destiny in the race for 4th because although we've lost twice to United, we're learning how to beat everyone else (okay, not Everton or Spurs yet...). That's something we can feel really positive about. This season has a few twists and turns still to go, and we may yet get the last laugh on United and Spurs.

I've calmed down ....and sobered up.
That's why i'm wide awake now.
One goal was always gonna win it.
Giggs should have buried his chance 1st half.
The writing was on the wall.
Fcukin' red cnuts, i hate 'em.
To make things worse i've just learned that Spurs
beat Chelsea.....and i can't find any alcohol.
She's hid it somewhere.

Bojinov The Bull said:
The only thing that is begining to annoy me is that we lose every game I want us to win, Everton home and away, Spurs away and United home and away!

Yep me too mate. any game they lose or draw I wanted them to win.

I think alot of people are sick to death of us doing this to ourselves, 3 late goals by the same team.
People are calling for bobbys head, and to be honest, who would do a job that would actually come? we have to remember the current team is not his, its hughes, he needs time to build not the bullet.
However I honestly believe that peoples initail reaction will be their true feelings and will not regret it.

Bloody hell, talk about over-reaction! I know that living in Northern California I don't have to put up with the crap that a lot of you are getting/going to get from red friends, family, and co-workers, but come on, are we suddenly crap after one slip-up is punished 15 seconds from time? Both sides made mistakes that could have led to goals. They happened to score on one of our mistakes.

Can't people judge performance separately from results? I bet if you edited out their goal and edited in one for us, but left the other 92 minutes exactly the same, most people would be more than satisfied with our performance and want Mancini to be given the job for life.

The self-pity really is stinking this place up at the moment. I just hope the players and manager have a more balanced response if we want to get that 4th CL spot (remember that? You know, that goal that's still there for the taking as long as we don't fall apart with the utter grief of unluckily losing one point). We lost today. Get over it.

I get the impression a lot of the moaners know nothing about football and suddenly remembered they were supporters when the money and big players came in.

second to none said:
I get the impression a lot of the moaners know nothing about football and suddenly remembered they were supporters when the money and big players came in.

Spot on.
As much as it pains me to say it I can remember a time in the not so distant past when i came away from Maine Road relieved we'd only lost a derby one nil.
Of course it hurts like hell losing to the rags - but get a grip.
Too many have got carried away with the hype surrounding us now and believe we are good enough to sit at the top table - well the reality is that we're not - not yet - and whingeing hysterically like spoilt kids is not going to change that.
As much as it pains me to say it Taggart continues to show why he has been the best there is for almost 20 years - but anyone who's been around for more than 20 years knows that success in football is cyclic - ask the scousers.
We have to believe that our time will come - that's what being a football fan is all about.....ask 'Dale fans.

I dont regret a word, our midfield sit to deep, its been doing it most of the season. I thought i saw a change against Burnley and Birmingham. It turned out to be another false dawn.

I realise this isn't Bob`s midfield with the exception of Vieria, who was bought in as a stop gap to try and add a bit of strength and height. But along with the full back position, midfield is our achilles heel

I look forward to his selections for next season, unfortunately if we dont get 4th, our choices will be restricted to players that aren't to arsed about playing in the cl.

Now to hide under the table.
I`m not optimistic about 4th spot, IMO we looked second best for the 4th time this season, against the worst rag team i have seen in many many years, The reason being, because they press, and have a belief they are the best, unfortunately this isn't the main reason, its the respect and fear of their opposition give to these bastards, that give them the edge.

This fear and respect has been well deserved over the years, but the times have change this is an aging team there for the taking if you have the confidence to give it a go, even two draws against them this season in the cup at the swamp and yesterday would have left them with nothing and would have me believing we could get 4th.

As a team however they are better than their individual parts, were we unfortunately are not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.