A Mancini criticism this season

Grand Master Ram Rod

Happy clappers won't like this, just a warning.

Mancini has got pretty much everything spot on this season, however I think the decision to drop in form players has been a poor one.

Edin Dzeko in August got 8 goals in 5 games (4 in 1 game) and got player of the month. The next game against Wigan he was dropped, he then didn't score for over a month and wasn't playing well. I think this was a mistake.

James Milner was player of the month in November, had changed nearly all the fans opinions of him and was playing class. He then got dropped for three games and has had a poor month for us.

I think for now that when a player is in form, he should keep his place as it's affecting performances. I just hope Lescott doesn't have a bad patch now as he's been our best defender this year.

I know people are gonna say about the rotation system and I agree, but not when players are playing really well. Kompany wasn't in form earlier this season and he kept his place, same with Yaya. Yet other players playing better are getting dropped.

We see the players for 90mins a week more if we are lucky or unlucky whatever the circumstance. Mancini and his team see the players every day, watch them in training and know who is feeling/looking strong and who is not up for it.

We have lost one game. 1 and you have a criticism?. Ok its your right but I think you are being too harsh. We were never going to coast the season no team ever has.

We really don't know how Mancini is planning the games and resting players, what the fitness levels are and what the tactical plans are for each match. I think he has done pretty well so far.

I can understand the op to a degree, as I have felt Dzeko is your stereotypical confidence player and dropping him when he was bang on form has not helped. He did himself no favours at Bayern when he came off, although we are lead to believe that's all water under the bridge.

However, that said, and the lead may now just be goal difference, but being unbeaten at home in 2011, top of the pile going into 2012, having an FA Cup in the bag, our first foray into the Champs League behind us, the Europe League to look forward to, the Carling Cup Semi Final to look forward to, an explosive tie against those bastards in the FA Cup to look forward to and the real chance of actually winning the league and I'm not sure I could deny Mancini a ride on my wife and the very meagre contents of my bank account, let alone question the wisdom of dropping Dzeko.

Yep it was one game. But he should have made the Dzeko change MUCH earlier. The WBA centre halves were winning everything in the air. After Dzeko came on they didn't. Far too short a time period to win it though.

Which leads me onto my only criticism of Roberto. He ALWAYS makes substitutions far too late. This is City - luck is not our bag - if you don't sort out a problem pronto it will continue too not work no matter how often you wave your arms at players.

strongbowholic said:
I can understand the op to a degree, as I have felt Dzeko is your stereotypical confidence player and dropping him when he was bang on form has not helped. He did himself no favours at Bayern when he came off, although we are lead to believe that's all water under the bridge.

However, that said, and the lead may now just be goal difference, but being unbeaten at home in 2011, top of the pile going into 2012, having an FA Cup in the bag, our first foray into the Champs League behind us, the Europe League to look forward to, the Carling Cup Semi Final to look forward to, an explosive tie against those bastards in the FA Cup to look forward to and the real chance of actually winning the league an I'm not sure I could deny Mancini a ride on my wife and the very meagre contents of my bank account, let alone question the wisdom of dropping Dzeko.
Exactly, this season has been brilliant. Mancini has been brilliant. But he and the team can still have done things wrong. If you can't say them on a discussion forum then what's the point in having one?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.