A message for Nike

Bluemoon exclusive.

Following on from United's best ever selling kit.(2012-2013) :-?

Nike showcase the new material they plan to use for City's 2013-2014 kit.

Manchester City representatives have taken samples away and plan to test them on dinnerware and cutlery at the Etihad before making a decision.

51psM2FicoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Shaelumstash said:
Prior to the 2011 FA Cup Final, City had always worn the Manchester Coat of Arms crest on their shirts in Cup Finals. While we appreciate the global branding aspect of the modern game, City fans would like to see this tradition upheld if possible.

As others have tried to say before on this forum - it's not a matter of the club or kit designer ignoring this tradition. We are actively not allowed to use the Manchester Coat of Arms at this time. If I recall the post from a while back, we asked MCC back in 1999 and their response was along the lines of "we feel that to have the Manchester Coat of Arms would associate it with elements we don't want it to be associated with" - or in other words, they think using it for football matches devalues its worth.

The use of the badge in the numbers of the FA Cup final kit a year ago was nothing more than a compromise, not the club's half-hearted attempt at resurrecting the tradition.

Falastur said:
Shaelumstash said:
Prior to the 2011 FA Cup Final, City had always worn the Manchester Coat of Arms crest on their shirts in Cup Finals. While we appreciate the global branding aspect of the modern game, City fans would like to see this tradition upheld if possible.

As others have tried to say before on this forum - it's not a matter of the club or kit designer ignoring this tradition. We are actively not allowed to use the Manchester Coat of Arms at this time. If I recall the post from a while back, we asked MCC back in 1999 and their response was along the lines of "we feel that to have the Manchester Coat of Arms would associate it with elements we don't want it to be associated with" - or in other words, they think using it for football matches devalues its worth.

The use of the badge in the numbers of the FA Cup final kit a year ago was nothing more than a compromise, not the club's half-hearted attempt at resurrecting the tradition.

If I was running Manchester council I don't think I'd want the COA to be associated with the 99 third division play off either!

On a serious note, I wasn't aware of the council saying that in 99. With the close links now between MCC and the club, and how great a branding opportunity it is for the city council to be associated with City's success, I think their opinion may have changed.

As long as you don't let the designers who did the Rag shirt anywhere near the city design team we should be OK.

Shaelumstash said:
the goats backside said:
Dear Nike, please read bluemoon

Not sure if this was meant as a joke, but I know people at Umbro read Bluemoon because I know one of the designers.

It's not unreasonable to assume Nike will do some research in to City fans, and the most popular City forum is probably a rather good place to start!

Not wanting to pee on anyone's bonfire here, but what % of City fans do you estimate to post on Bluemoon?

Nike will probably take as much notice from folk on here as Roberto Mancini would regarding team affairs.

I liked the fact everyone moaned about the shorts but yet i never see a single fan wearing the shorts no matter what colour

Oh and we won the league in blue shorts

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this is really more a personal preference than a necessity (and incredibly unlikely in light of our global branding) but i wouldn't mind seeing a nod to the old crest every now and then. We may not be able to use the coat of arms at finals but we could do something along the lines of what roma have started doing recently, using an old badge for the away shirts

New-White-Roma-Jersey-2012.jpg

wouldn't mind seeing this get a little more use, especially considering umbro will probably discontinue the 1350/retro line

images

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.