A message in a bottle

Mad Eyed Screamer

Heard The Police song song today for the first time in many a year and made me remember dropping a message in a bottle in 2005.
I went with my kids who were 12 and 10 at the time to France on the ferry from Portsmouth to Cherbourg.
On the way back they wrote a message giving their first names and where they had dropped the bottle along with my email address and placed it in an empty Grolsch bottle, sealed it and tossed it over halfway between the two ports in the English channel.
Three months later I received an email from a German bloke who had gone to Denmark for a visit and found the bottle washed upon the shore and saw the paper inside it and messaged me.

Has anyone else sent a MIAB and received a reply or anyone found one?

Lobbed one off the end of Britainnia pier in great yarmouth in the early 80s.
2 things happened.
1. A guy came over and told me and my brother off for throwing rubbish off the pier.
2. The bottle went straight back into shore at a considerable rate of knots.
Just as well, the bottle had a crude drawing inside.

I once got a balloon with a message…….from the girl two doors down.

Heard The Police song song today for the first time in many a year and made me remember dropping a message in a bottle in 2005.
I went with my kids who were 12 and 10 at the time to France on the ferry from Portsmouth to Cherbourg.
On the way back they wrote a message giving their first names and where they had dropped the bottle along with my email address and placed it in an empty Grolsch bootle, sealed it and tossed it over halfway between the two ports in the English channel.
Three months later I received an email from a German bloke who had gone to Denmark for a visit and found the bottle washed upon the shore and saw the paper inside it and messaged me.

You forgot to mention you have been in a very sexual relationship with the German bloke for the last 10 years?

On the way back they wrote a message giving their first names and where they had dropped the bottle along with my email address and placed it in an empty Grolsch bootle, sealed it and tossed it over halfway between the two ports in the English channel.

Did the German bloke call you a littering **** and tell you to stop teaching your kids bad habits?

:)

On the way back they wrote a message giving their first names and where they had dropped the bottle along with my email address and placed it in an empty Grolsch bottle, sealed it and tossed it over halfway between the two ports in the English channel.

It was you you twat !!!!!!!!. There I was, day out off the south coast with some mates fishing for mackeral one minute, next in intensive care with concussion and 12 stitches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.