A moral dilemma...league or Cup?

Cup! I just don't see us mounting a strong enough challenge in the league. We're too inconsistent and struggle with the pressure. We're best when we think we're out of it and can play uninhibited football. It's a learning curve. I'd settle for top four spot and a pot for sure.

Elanos_Right_Boot said:
Cup! I just don't see us mounting a strong enough challenge in the league. We're too inconsistent and struggle with the pressure. We're best when we think we're out of it and can play uninhibited football. It's a learning curve. I'd settle for top four spot and a pot for sure.
Thats nothin to do with the question..!

But of course it would be the league, made even sweeter if we had it sewn up by cup final day... we could have a banner burning ceremony and our Champions chants would ruin their FA cup winning celebrations anyway.

trotsky said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Of course you'd choose the league. Madness to suggest anything else

Really?

I know that is rational, but come on, just imagine that day at Wembley...
If it were a choice from the two you mention then its the League.

Also as pointed out already by City Raider:
City Raider said:
league every time, it's not about them, its about as and the league is the top trophy

...then stuff em in Charity Shield with statement of intent at mind for the coming term !

Re: A moral dilemma...

ban-mcfc said:
the cup final i would say i couldnt take losing a cup final to them, it would send me over the edge.

But we'd already have won the league by then, their gloating would be completely hollow, I suspect the more sensible ones wouldn't even bother actually.

If it was a cup final loss that denied us that first trophy then I'd agree with your sentiments 100%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.