A NEW POLL - Hughes, IN OR OUT?

Blue Mooner said:
What about Boro, Newcastle to that list ? The true test of progression is league position and up until yesterday we had a good chance of seventh - one poor game shouldn't change that ambition and whilst admittedly remote after yesterday the goal should still be seventh imo.

Boro and Newcastle are the least likely, but they've got to get 13 and 12 points respectively from their last 6 to match last seasons tally. Still very possible, particularly if one (or both) goes on one of those relegation scrap winning runs.

7th place before the match was very remote chance IMO, even more so now. We were in 11th going into the match yesterday, I doubt we'll end up much higher than that (if at all). I've used the analagy before, if we're a point behind West Ham going into the final game, we are 3-0 up and they are level. If West Ham score a late winner, does that make us a worse team, or a team not progressing as quickly as if they concede a late winner. How does a game that we have no involvement in determine how we are going as a club?

For me, the true test of progression is measured in wins, losses and draws.

moomba said:
Blue Mooner said:
What about Boro, Newcastle to that list ? The true test of progression is league position and up until yesterday we had a good chance of seventh - one poor game shouldn't change that ambition and whilst admittedly remote after yesterday the goal should still be seventh imo.

Boro and Newcastle are the least likely, but they've got to get 13 and 12 points respectively from their last 6 to match last seasons tally. Still very possible, particularly if one (or both) goes on one of those relegation scrap winning runs.

7th place before the match was very remote chance IMO, even more so now. We were in 11th going into the match yesterday, I doubt we'll end up much higher than that (if at all). I've used the analagy before, if we're a point behind West Ham going into the final game, we are 3-0 up and they are level. If West Ham score a late winner, does that make us a worse team, or a team not progressing as quickly as if they concede a late winner. How does a game that we have no involvement in determine how we are going as a club?

For me, the true test of progression is measured in wins, losses and draws.

It's amazing how you can be so positive about Boro and Newcastles chances and yet so negative about our own What if we were to go on a late charge in the last six games.

You kind of prove my point with your analogy - we would be foolish to make a decision on sacking a manager on the basis of a few points and a few places in the league - either up or down.

Hughes is building, needs a close season to try and get rid of the dead wood and make some additions - I think then we will see real progression.

Blue Mooner said:
It's amazing how you can be so positive about Boro and Newcastles chances and yet so negative about our own What if we were to go on a late charge in the last six games.

We would have to win every game over the past 6 matches, they wouldn't. Fairly simple.

And I'm not positive about their chances, I said that I reckon there will end up being a further 7 who will match last seasons tally in addition to the ones that already have. Boro and Newcaslte weren't part of that 7, although I'm not prepared to discount the possibility that Newcaslte might win 4 matches from their last 6, and Boro might win 4 (and draw 1).

You kind of prove my point with your analogy - we would be foolish to make a decision on sacking a manager on the basis of a few points and a few places in the league - either up or down.

We should make decisions on the manager based on what he has done, and what he is capable of doing.

Hughes is building needs a clsoe season to try and get rid of the dead wood and make some additions - I think then we will see real progression.

Thats a fair enough opinion to have. I don't agree with you and can point to numerous managers who haven't needed a full year and well over £100m to show the slightest sign of improvement. But like I said, thats a fair enough opinion for you to have.

He as 2 go we finished with 55 points last season , we have 38 points so far and not won away since August the team is not gettin any better in fact it is gettin worse and he as spent 100million , yesterday another example 2 holdin midfielders yesterday why ? 1 up fron why ?
Take off the best player 4 Ched Evans why ? and before u Hughes lovers say boj was tired fair enough should have brought on Sturridge

OUT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.