A parallel universe on here...

Didsbury Dave said:
Threads about city fans getting hammered, threads about fighting, threads about fans in the wrong end, threads about biased commentary, about shit press reports.

It's like a fucking parallel universe on here sometimes.

Yesterday was a brilliant day for football. Great anticipation amongst both sets of fans, a great atmosphere, fans mixing freely around the stadium all day and night. We were singing and chatting to Sunderland fans at 11 o'clock last night - I've never talked to so many away fans. The game was exciting,there was no controversy, it was played in a great spirit. Fans of both clubs clapped the opposition team, outside the stadium the Sunderland fans were even applauding our fans as we left the stadium.

We've won a trophy, and we harbour genuine hope of more this season. It's 44 years since city last won two, and this season could easily be the most successful in our entire history. Yet by the threads on here you'd think yesterday was some sort of black day.

I had a fucking brilliant day from start to finish. Can't we have some happy stories about another memorable and historic day, instead of pissing and moaning about nothing?

Fantastic post. I had a great day, and we lost, due to the 2 sets of fans. Well done all, just enjoy it lads, and thanks for being possible the best away fans we come across and making a great day.

We had a fantastic day out too.

We stopped for breakfast at a transport café on the A1 near Peterborough on the way down, as per usual and had a bit of banter with some Sunderland supporters in there; no City to be seen this time.

We arrived at the turnstiles at around 12:00 and went in more or less straight away and just took in the buil-up and spoke to a woman, who sits in the same row as us at Etihad.

We were full of admiration for the Makems, who stayed to applaud their team - and ours - during the presentation, unlike the fire drill we witnessed three years ago in the semi-final.

Walking back up Wembley Way, both sets of supporters were mixing without the slightest hint of trouble and we even bumped into the gent, who sits immediately in front of the Better Half.

And on the tube back to Harrow, we were chatting with even more Sunderland, who were very friendly and magnanimous in defeat.

All in all, a great day out.

Vienna_70 said:
We had a fantastic day out too.

We stopped for breakfast at a transport café on the A1 near Peterborough on the way down, as per usual and had a bit of banter with some Sunderland supporters in there; no City to be seen this time.

We arrived at the turnstiles at around 12:00 and went in more or less straight away and just took in the buil-up and spoke to a woman, who sits in the same row as us at Etihad.

We were full of admiration for the Makems, who stayed to applaud their team - and ours - during the presentation, unlike the fire drill we witnessed three years ago in the semi-final.

Walking back up Wembley Way, both sets of supporters were mixing without the slightest hint of trouble and we even bumped into the gent, who sits immediately in front of the Better Half.

And on the tube back to Harrow, we were chatting with even more Sunderland, who were very friendly and magnanimous in defeat.

All in all, a great day out.

Did a very similar thing. Managed to get a few photos of me and my kid in the stadium, so I wouldn't look like a tourist tw4t later. I was a bit worried because the Makems were making a lot more noise than us until just before kick-off, then there was no competition.

Was impressed too with how they stayed for the trophy presentation - must have been disappointing for them.

Didsbury Dave said:
fbloke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Threads about city fans getting hammered, threads about fighting, threads about fans in the wrong end, threads about biased commentary, about shit press reports.

Yesterday was a brilliant day for football. Great anticipation amongst both sets of fans, a great atmosphere, fans mixing freely around the stadium all day and night. We were singing and chatting to Sunderland fans at 11 o'clock last night - I've never talked to so many away fans. The game was exciting,there was no controversy, it was played in a great spirit. Fans of both clubs clapped the opposition team, outside the stadium the Sunderland fans were even applauding our fans as we left the stadium.

We've won a trophy, and we harbour genuine hope of more this season. It's 44 years since city last won two, and this season could easily be the most successful in our entire history. Yet by the threads on here you'd think yesterday was some sort of black day.

I had a fucking brilliant day from start to finish. Can't we have some happy stories about another memorable and historic day, instead of pissing and moaning about nothing?

You can always find something to moan about though ;-)

It took me 10 minutes to have a half time piss and I nearly missed the goals.

How's that? ;-)

The loos were crazy at HT and I got in bang on HT whistle but the banter was pretty good despite us being a goal down.

No Bovril on sale was the real pisser; had to make do with PG.

Didsbury Dave said:
fbloke said:
Didsbury Dave said:

How's that? ;-)
You should have gone for a piss in the sink.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Didsbury Dave said:
fbloke said:

How's that? ;-)

I did, but I had to queue ten minutes because the part time sink pissers all come out of the woodwork for the big games

Didsbury Dave said:
Didsbury Dave said:

How's that? ;-)

I did, but I had to queue ten minutes because the part time sink pissers all come out of the woodwork for the big games

Disgusting really, pissing in someone's ashtray

Didsbury Dave said:
Didsbury Dave said:

How's that? ;-)

Fuckin' JCL's.

Graet OP. In the Flag before the game and JJ Moons after. Great sing song in JJ`s , the lads and lasses werein great form. Door and bar staff were brilliant, must be hard work keeping hundreds of thirsty footy fans topped up. So it`s now a big cheer for Uwe, that give his team a good hiding and back again in a few weeks. Yay!! Come on CITY!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.