a question for all blues

The barren spell (i've seen us win nothing in my life) certainly adds a better sense of perspective to what is going on. You can only really appreciate the highs fully when you've seen the lows. And we've had to endure some real fucking lows.

Posted this yesterday in the thread about top 4 or a Trophy. I was 15 when Dennis scored the overhead kick. I am 48 in a couple of months. Its been a long time and a long desperate journey. This has been made harder because throughout much of that time all we have had is pride and memories but we have been without hope. Not any more.

I hope the younger fans savour every moment. A successful winning Football team is like a good Woman, you never know when you might lose her. As for excitement at the moment its just like being a kid waiting for Christmas every single day. Young or old ( sorry middle - aged).

From a purely selfish point of view I'd take five years of total highs then crash and burn in spectacular fashion-rather than another 30 odd of mediocrity.Like a lottery winner blowing all the dough.

I've spent fortunes supporting a shite team and had the piss ripped out of me for doing so by people who can't even tell you the names of their own stands.

I'll happily do so again if I have to.

But first-let me have the fun of being "the best" for a while.If only to be able to say "up yours" to the detractors and piss-takers.

Ricky Villa 1981....Raddy Antic 1983...Jamie Pollocks o.g. V QPR....

'Dumped' out of the Auto windscreens Trophy by Mansfield in 1998...... !! the heartache of playing in the third tier of English Football where attendance's were better than the majority of teams in the premiership now and most recently losing 8-1 to Middlesborough... I could go on and on...

This is payback time for those dark days... Let the good times role....

imo its worse for newish blues not seeing us win anything ever but i do respect the loyalty for 'older' blues

Wouldn't give up the Mercer Allison years for anything but I can't wait to see the captain lift our first piece of silverware but even more important to me is that I am sure we will do it in style wearing the new shirts, I am absolutely sure that the owners are carrying out the project with class and dignity, I just love the connection to Manchester because we are the City's club always have been and always will be I am sure that Joe would approve I just hope that Malc and the survivors of 56 will be there to see it. So bring it on!

sherburncity said:
I've been going since my first game in '65,remember the late 60's early 70's with great memories of winning trophies,some times brilliant but mostly frustrating,each season since the mid 70's thinking "this is the year".
Now my 2 sons ( 19 & 17 ) are finally going to understand what its like to see a sucessful side instead of yo-yoing up and down the tables.Better to have been there and seen it than to just have unfulfilled dreams.
Bring on the new dawn.
Same here mate started going to maine road with my dad that year.Used to go to platt lane/wythenshawe park to watch them train Young/Book/Colman/Bell/Lee etc,also before a match watching the team warming up in the gym under the main stand & every single player & big Malc would have time to talk to us. Great days then & will be again soon so i keep telling my 16year old son & my brother whos now 39.Keep the faith CTID.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.