A question on Georgi Kinkladze

bridgeno1

Team supported
Arsenal
I remember growing up in the early days of the PL (and the old days of the 1st division) and City had an amazing talent in Georgi Kinkladze who was able to dribble through defences and was an exciting watch. I'm always interested to wonder how legendary players of the past stack up vs today's generation.

My question for you City fans is - do you think peak Kinkladze gets into your current starting XI?

I remember growing up in the early days of the PL (and the old days of the 1st division) and City had an amazing talent in Georgi Kinkladze who was able to dribble through defences and was an exciting watch. I'm always interested to wonder how legendary players of the past stack up vs today's generation.

My question for you City fans is - do you think peak Kinkladze gets into your current starting XI?
Not a chance, in my opinion. Great player for where were back then but nowhere near the standard of our current first XI. Plus he'd drive Pep insane.

Not sure on starting eleven, not immediately, but his talent was top drawer. We just did not know how to use him properly, and tried to play everything through him.

In terms of dribbling and carrying the ball forward, he was special, like Messi class.

There were questions around the rest of his game, including work rate, but my word what pep could have done with him, especially in a team with multiple big threats. A player I literally paid just to see.

On the flip side, he didn't do so well at Ajax I recall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.