A question on Georgi Kinkladze

Our most skilful player in a particularly miserable period for the club who has since been romanticised to a relatively undeserved level, when compared to the less popular Kolarov and Dzeko or even Mahrez.

Also, whilst undoubtedly enjoying 5-6 stellar performances at Maine Road, his influence in away games was marginal bordering on one fantastic goal at Middlesbrough in the PL, but not much else
Was brilliant in a 4-1 win at Oxford when he scored twice. But that was second tier football.

Nowhere near the standard? What. I have never seen a footballer at City to be able to manipulate a football as well as this lad. The problem Pep would have had with Kinky would of been to get him to run as much as he should. His ability was never in question. He had God given talent.
Not doubting his talent. But I'd say work rate is a pretty crucial part of being up to the standard of the very best. Lots of extremely talented players can't hack it at the top and he was one of them. All in my opinion, of course!

Not doubting his talent. But I'd say work rate is a pretty crucial part of being up to the standard of the very best. Lots of extremely talented players can't hack it at the top and he was one of them. All in my opinion, of course!
Of course it's all about opinions, you're right, but Pep has got a tune of of lots of players with far less talent than Gio. I think Pep gets players to buy into his philosophy and I believe he could have done it with this with Kinky. Unfortunately we will never know.

Of course it's all about opinions, you're right, but Pep has got a tune of of lots of players with far less talent than Gio. I think Pep gets players to buy into his philosophy and I believe he could have done it with this with Kinky. Unfortunately we will never know.
Possibly. We'll never know, unfortunately. Certainly would have been interesting to see!

Doesn’t get in Pep’s team for me. Didn’t work hard enough and wasn’t always on it.

I can’t add much more to this despite him being my first favourite City player. He didn’t have much competition as were relegated twice in three seasons.

Pep would never sign him and also would’ve shipped him out had he inherited him because he wasn’t a worker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.