A "road car" has just gone 331mph

The driver must come from hell of a place to drive such a devilish speed.

;)

My thoughts entirely, man never ceases to amaze me devoting so much time and money to some pointless, polluting fucking exercise.
It'd be good if these clever people devoted their time and money to helping the planet or poor people.

So you're not named after the 1980s Group C Le Mans car then?

Cars like that are the reason people get distracted from the 'important' issues.

My thoughts entirely, man never ceases to amaze me devoting so much time and money to some pointless, polluting fucking exercise.
It'd be good if these clever people devoted their time and money to helping the planet or poor people.

How much pollution do you think came from this car driving 4 or 5 miles?

This is where technical innovation comes from. Hybrid cars, KERS. The reason every new car has a turbocharger which reduces emissions by 25% while increasing power by 20% (leading to smaller engines and further emissions reductions) is because Formula 1 were looking for more efficiency. Modern road cars are constantly inheriting 10 year old technology from racing because of the efficiencies gained there.

The Williams F1 team invented something called the fridge aerofoil which massively increases the efficiency of supermarket refrigerated shelves. Just a byproduct of something for their cars which will reduce CO2 usage worldwide.

Boeing buys aerodynamics data off Renault's F1 side because they are experts in reducing drag coefficients and that's applied to planes to save fuel.

Tire technology, car safety...loads of really important, useful innovations are derived from pushing the existing technology past its limits.

If you want to save pollution, ban cruise ships.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.