a secular society by 2030

Matty said:
It would probably be helpful if posts were not made in such a way as to make them open to a great degree of misinterpretation. If someone has a viewpoint and they wish to make that view public knowledge then the onus should fall upon them to make their view clear and concise. If it is worded in such a way as to make it unclear as to the meaning then it could be argued the fault is with the original poster and not those who subsequently misinterpret an ambiguous post.

The post in question was "I have seen changes taking place over many years and there is no hiding place within the Catholic church for paedophiles of any kind whether they are priests, laity, bishops or anyone."

We're agreed on the ambiguity because I should have written "I have seen changes taking place over many years and there is no hiding place within the Catholic church in England and Wales for paedophiles of any kind whether they are priests, laity, bishops or anyone."

I wonder what the response to an unambiguous post like that might have been.

What do think of the idea Matty that BM posters should check their facts before posting on a serious topic?

It's anathema to me not to do so because otherwise a serious topic becomes like the wild west with a Gun fight at the Ok Corral.

pauldominic said:
Matty said:
It would probably be helpful if posts were not made in such a way as to make them open to a great degree of misinterpretation. If someone has a viewpoint and they wish to make that view public knowledge then the onus should fall upon them to make their view clear and concise. If it is worded in such a way as to make it unclear as to the meaning then it could be argued the fault is with the original poster and not those who subsequently misinterpret an ambiguous post.

The post in question was "I have seen changes taking place over many years and there is no hiding place within the Catholic church for paedophiles of any kind whether they are priests, laity, bishops or anyone."

We're agreed on the ambiguity because I should have written "I have seen changes taking place over many years and there is no hiding place within the Catholic church in England and Wales for paedophiles of any kind whether they are priests, laity, bishops or anyone."

What do think of the idea Matty that BM posters should check their facts before posting on a serious topic?

It's anathema to me not to do so because otherwise a serious topic becomes like the wild west with a Gun fight at the Ok Corral.

You claim there is no hiding place?

So paedophilia has been eradicated from the church?

Can you please substantiate this claim with evidence.

Thanks.

PS. You'll be in big trouble if, in the future, another story appears of someone within the church being prosecuted for paedophilia.

Shadz69 said:
pauldominic said:
Shadz69 said:
You posted there was no hiding place in the Catholic church,you did'nt specify the UK.Once British catholic kids are OK fuck the rest.Is this your stand on child abuse.You have alluded to this kind of view before and I find it a comical interpretation of safeguarding children.Just as well the church have a history of following the rules and now every kid in the UK is safe.The fact the church were forced to implement these 'safeguards' should tell you all you need to know.
People can spend a bit of time searching the site I mentioned and make up their own minds on the conduct of the church though you would need a strong stomach for some of it.

I found it comical because common sense based on the full sentence might have persuaded you to seek clarification.

You didn't seek that or do a modicum of research before challenging me.

You're continuing the comedy based yet again on your considerable ignorance of how catholicism (or any religion for that matter) works around the world.

If you had sought clarification you would not allege that "Once British catholic kids are OK fuck the rest". I have never ever alluded to anything approaching that allegation.

The church was not "forced to implement" anything. In fact I would say that safeguarding goes to the very heart of the Christian Gospel.

Can I recommend the following approach to you in future: -

1. Seek clarification if a post is open to misinterpretation.
2. Check your facts before posting.
3. Ideally keep an open mind.

This is your post-Oh I do. I have seen changes taking place over many years and there is no hiding place within the Catholic church for paedophiles of any kind whether they are priests, laity, bishops or anyone.

Not really open to interpretation imo.I won't be drawn into insulting you so you can try to have the thread pulled.The behaviour of the church when dealing with abuse leaves no room for an open mind but I won't post anything concerning abuse of British priests or the subsequent covering up by senior officials within the church because when I do you pm me telling of your shock,upset and revulsion.I fear your ignorance in these matters leaves you no recourse but petty jibes and would advise you to check for yourself which current church leaders were involved in investigating abuse claims,their subsequent actions and the promotions they have reciced since.

See my post above.

I have no interest in having it pulled.

I haven't sent you any PMs and I never will.

If you care to digest the hyperlinks, you might discover that Church leaders do not investigate abuse claims.

Can you deal with all the ambiguity in your post here.

pauldominic said:
Shadz69 said:
pauldominic said:
I found it comical because common sense based on the full sentence might have persuaded you to seek clarification.

You didn't seek that or do a modicum of research before challenging me.

You're continuing the comedy based yet again on your considerable ignorance of how catholicism (or any religion for that matter) works around the world.

If you had sought clarification you would not allege that "Once British catholic kids are OK fuck the rest". I have never ever alluded to anything approaching that allegation.

The church was not "forced to implement" anything. In fact I would say that safeguarding goes to the very heart of the Christian Gospel.

Can I recommend the following approach to you in future: -

1. Seek clarification if a post is open to misinterpretation.
2. Check your facts before posting.
3. Ideally keep an open mind.

This is your post-Oh I do. I have seen changes taking place over many years and there is no hiding place within the Catholic church for paedophiles of any kind whether they are priests, laity, bishops or anyone.

Not really open to interpretation imo.I won't be drawn into insulting you so you can try to have the thread pulled.The behaviour of the church when dealing with abuse leaves no room for an open mind but I won't post anything concerning abuse of British priests or the subsequent covering up by senior officials within the church because when I do you pm me telling of your shock,upset and revulsion.I fear your ignorance in these matters leaves you no recourse but petty jibes and would advise you to check for yourself which current church leaders were involved in investigating abuse claims,their subsequent actions and the promotions they have reciced since.

See my post above.

I haven't sent you any PMs and I never will.If you care to digest the hyperlinks, you might discover that Church leaders do not investigate abuse claims.

How do I know about your Irish granny then?The pm exchange involved the abuse that took place at Letterfrack,you said you would investigate it yourself and get back to me.Memory coming back at all?

The Flash said:
pauldominic said:
If you care to digest the hyperlinks, you might discover that Church leaders do not investigate abuse claims.

No, they move the abuser to another diocese and sweep everything under the carpet.

Just sayin'.

They were not church leaders when they conducted investigations.The leader of Catholics in Ireland was involved in these and when given the names of children who were being abused by fr brendan smyth by a child who was being abused he neither informed their parents nor the police and allowed the abuse to continue.His reward was promotion.

The Flash said:
pauldominic said:
Matty said:

Thanks.

PS. You'll be in big trouble if, in the future, another story appears of someone within the church being prosecuted for paedophilia.

Oh look who's jumped on the bandwagon.

I won't be in trouble with you or anyone.

Shadz69 said:
pauldominic said:
Shadz69 said:

See my post above.

I haven't sent you any PMs and I never will.If you care to digest the hyperlinks, you might discover that Church leaders do not investigate abuse claims.

How do I know about your Irish granny then?The pm exchange involved the abuse that took place at Letterfrack,you said you would investigate it yourself and get back to me.Memory coming back at all?

No I don't actually, although I can understand why I might pm you along those lines since I went to a Christian Brothers school in England.

I'm pretty sure I didn't use the language you have said I used.

pauldominic said:
The Flash said:
pauldominic said:

Thanks.

Oh look who's jumped on the bandwagon.

I won't be in trouble with you or anyone.

No bandwagon here.

Just another (no doubt futile) request for you to substantiate your claims.

I won't hold my breath.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.