A Song for Jeremy

It’s one of the songs from jungle book so not really original. Also in the current climate we’d probably get slated for sing a song from jungle book about one of our black players. We all see that right?
Yeah, but Doku and you rhyme.

Can I suggest “And IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, will always love Doku” as my suggestion for his chant please?

There was a group of Belgians near me at the match on Tuesday night who just sang "Oh, Jeremy Doku" throughout the match to the 7 Nation Army / KDB / Jeremy Corbyn tune. Always best to keep it simple!

Why not adapt a song about another Jeremy?

"Oh Jeremy Doku"
Great minds think alike!

These threads always give me joke. Good effort mate now you have to belt it out in Mary ds

It’s one of the songs from jungle book so not really original. Also in the current climate we’d probably get slated for singing a song from jungle book about one of our black players. We all see that right?

I only meant it would be original as a football chant. Composing new songs is a bit of a reach considering we can't even get people to sing a new recognisable tune.

As for the Jungle Book, it's not that deep, but if we want to get deep about the racism of the Jungle Book then adapting one of the songs to be in praise of a young black man is what's known as a "writing back" or "reclaiming" - flipping the narrative to do the opposite.

I don't think you can seriously say that singing to that tune is supposed to imply something negative when the lyrics are in praise of him.

I only meant it would be original as a football chant. Composing new songs is a bit of a reach considering we can't even get people to sing a new recognisable tune.

As for the Jungle Book, it's not that deep, but if we want to get deep about the racism of the Jungle Book then adapting one of the songs to be in praise of a young black man is what's known as a "writing back" or "reclaiming" - flipping the narrative to do the opposite.

I don't think you can seriously say that singing to that tune is supposed to imply something negative when the lyrics are in praise of him.
Never underestimate what social media can deem offensive.

Jungle reference + Black man =racism. Obvs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.