A theory about our poor pre-season

Heres my theory, we are playing mind games.We lose to average teams so that our prem rivals will think we are shit and become complacent against us, we then hammer them.

All about fitness rather than form. Boeatang silva tevez ndj all have to come back into the team koralov only made his debut which I was impressed with, never a penalty in my opinion and looked good positionally at the back and crosses from set pieces were excellent with a bit of work with the rest of the squad can see this being a big benefit for us this season koralov taking from the left and johnno from the right and koralov there for those long range efforts. What we have lacked in pre-season is a striker with the ability to hold the ball up but bobby manc seems to see this as well so if we do get balotelli or dzeko who are both better at this role than we have I don't think we will have to much to fret over.

LukeBamford01 said:
They have all been away and pre-season is no indicator. The Valencia game on Sat will be more telling being at home and the final warm-up.

They play Villa 24 hrs before us not sure its going to be more than a training session sat night when we need a real game

It's preseason, you cannot judge these games on our season.

Once Tevez is back in there we will be fine. He adds the third dimenson up the front, will be great to see Silva and Boeteng.

Roll on Spurs...

Well I'm happy - last pre season we were shite and we finished 5th
This season we will be far stronger and with an infinitely better manager so, while we might start a bit slow - and we normally lose at spurs - it will be onwards and upwards thereafter brothers.
Come on City!!

this pre season thing seems to be more like exhibition paced training sessions rather than playing footy - either that or we're shite.

Up to half a dozen of what will or may be first choice have been missing in these matches, though if we have to resort to brian kidd stating that he's happier with the fitness and now its just a matter of "fine tuning" when a load of the players havent played together yet AT ALL and there's an utterly meaningless international "break" the week before the season starts...then that's rather disturbing.

Add to that a load of disgruntled "first teamers" who are pissed off at their paltry 80 or 100k a week as the new chaps are coming in on 200k plus a week and I bet they can't wait to just get back here and start training with the full squad...as and when it arrives!

Not too sure what's got in to me - that was almost a measured and thoughtful post......

Not worried at all,

We know Bobby's a stickler for double training sessions. Especially in that heat over in America, that would have certainly taken its toll on the performances of our players in pre-season.

They've got some time for recouperation after the Valancia game, and its then that the intense double sessions will pay off just in time for the opening day

3&30 said:
It wasn't that bad.

Er. Okay, it was. Frankly, it was pathetic. It doesn't mean we are going to have a poor season, but no matter the manner of the opposition (who have all their excuses) we looked shite.

Look, our excuses are better than their excuses?

Joined this morning and posted nothing but sh';yte against City players.

Are you a Utd fan by any chance?

mancityvstoke said:
3&30 said:
It wasn't that bad.

Er. Okay, it was. Frankly, it was pathetic. It doesn't mean we are going to have a poor season, but no matter the manner of the opposition (who have all their excuses) we looked shite.

Look, our excuses are better than their excuses?

Joined this morning and posted nothing but sh';yte against City players.

Are you a Utd fan by any chance?

He's just another bandwagon fan who expects us to win every game 10-0 and moans at every defeat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.