A Third of the Season Gone

Royaloak

We're 4th in the League, three points clear of the nearest rivals.This is despite having a largely 'new' team that have been badly effected by injury and who, according to common orthodoxy, haven't 'gelled' yet. There are a number of players who are new to the Premiership who have had in most cases less than a dozen games to acclimatize. We have played all of our main rival's, whilst others in the top 6 still have major fixtures between now and Christmas. Despite this, we're still 4th. We're the richest club in the World, our attendances are growing and we're still in two cup competitions. Having said all this, I didn't enjoy yesterday, but neither did I enjoy it when we were losing at home to teams like Birmingham. You build from the back and nobody can complain about our defensive record. These days, we go to places like Wigan and West Brom and win. Take the positives, we're making progress and frustrating and boring though it is for the time being, try and cut out the booing - it just feeds the vultures in the press and media exactly what they're looking for.

agree with you! wish some of the numpties on here would remember back into the not so so distant past, getting dicked 4-0 by pompey, 4-0 by wigan. At times i didn't know where the next win was coming from under pearce.

While that's true we have been getting worse which is worrying. I trust Mancini to sort it out though.

Royaloak said:
We're 4th in the League, three points clear of the nearest rivals.This is despite having a largely 'new' team that have been badly effected by injury and who, according to common orthodoxy, haven't 'gelled' yet. There are a number of players who are new to the Premiership who have had in most cases less than a dozen games to acclimatize. We have played all of our main rival's, whilst others in the top 6 still have major fixtures between now and Christmas. Despite this, we're still 4th. We're the richest club in the World, our attendances are growing and we're still in two cup competitions. Having said all this, I didn't enjoy yesterday, but neither did I enjoy it when we were losing at home to teams like Birmingham. You build from the back and nobody can complain about our defensive record. These days, we go to places like Wigan and West Brom and win. Take the positives, we're making progress and frustrating and boring though it is for the time being, try and cut out the booing - it just feeds the vultures in the press and media exactly what they're looking for.

Nice post.

I saw plenty of progress yesterday, and a lot more elements of our team strategy will continue falling into place over the course of the season. We're 4th, and we're going to improve even further.

Royaloak said:

now a few on here have spoke utter shite in their attempts at being positive. you though sir, have spoke the truth in a most sensible yet inspiring way. whats more, you've resisted the temptation to remind us all about division 2.

post of the weekend my friend.

Royaloak said:

NO!

Rubbish!

We're being murdered every week!

We've got no decent players!

We've got owners who lack ambition are bleeding the club dry!

Run for the hills!

BOOOOOOOO!

agree mostly though this is a half glass full assessment

we're fourth because others especially Spurs have been mediocre - we can not rely on this continuing

we have to play Chelsea, Arsenal and the scum away

Wolves have lost 8 in 9, the 9th was playing us!

we have scored 15 goals in 13 PL games, 9 in 11 if you deduct Liverpool and Blackpool

Overall that's not good enough - I feel that Bobby's ideal result is 1-0 - there's too fine a margin between that and 0-0

Yesterday was depressing as we started with what I think is our best team and didn't gel

I'm a bit worried

Royaloak said:
What a very good post (apart from the fact that we haven't lost at home to Brum for a very long time). I'll quite happily accept that view.

I remain to be convinced about Mancini's approach but realise we still need some reinforcements for Tevez up front as, apart from Ballotelli (who is still an unknown quantity) we still aren't right in that area. We probably also need a decent, pacy midfield player as we've spent a lot of money there but without the desired effect.

We are 4th and in one cup and let's hope we don't have to go to Juve needing something. Let's hope the draw is good for us when we enter the FA cup because that could well be curtains. Finishing 4th is not a trophy as some seem to think, it get's you into a qualifying round. We are playing some dreadful football, with no signs of improvement whatsoever. The frustrating thing is we know and i'm sure Mancini knows is that we should be very good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.