A Third of the Season Gone

Bluebee2 said:
We are 4th and in one cup and let's hope we don't have to go to Juve needing something. Let's hope the draw is good for us when we enter the FA cup because that could well be curtains. Finishing 4th is not a trophy as some seem to think, it get's you into a qualifying round. We are playing some dreadful football, with no signs of improvement whatsoever. The frustrating thing is we know and i'm sure Mancini knows is that we should be very good.
Two cups - we're not out of the FA Cup yet.

Personally feel that our problem lies up front.

Yesterday we played three pretty small guys in our front three. We didn't play quite as many high crosses into the box as we did against United so we learnt something. However I think we do need a presence in there as it gives you another option when the intricate passing game is not working.

Milner is a good crosser of a ball and if we had Dzeko in there for example it would give him and AJ a target. There would be plenty of knockdowns for the likes of Carlos to pick up on.

Yesterday I felt Birmingham, who defended pretty well, said OK we'll put 6 behind your front three and see if you can pass through us.

RSC is big and can be strong but currently shows no inclination to play that role. Ade while big is not that type of player. Hence the need for a target man.

Royaloak said:
Bluebee2 said:
We are 4th and in one cup and let's hope we don't have to go to Juve needing something. Let's hope the draw is good for us when we enter the FA cup because that could well be curtains. Finishing 4th is not a trophy as some seem to think, it get's you into a qualifying round. We are playing some dreadful football, with no signs of improvement whatsoever. The frustrating thing is we know and i'm sure Mancini knows is that we should be very good.
One cup at the moment, read my post it says "when we enter the FA cup" you can't be in it until you enter, which is in the 3rd round.

yes we are in 4th place and if that is how we finish at the end of the season no one will be more happy than me.but i just cant help but feel draws against lesser sides,especially at home, will come back to haunt us at the end of the season .the defence is performing well and while they are keeping clean sheets we have always got a chance.but the truth is unless we are scoring goals and collecting wins the defences hard work is in vain .i feel we need more proven goal scorers in the squad and hopefully this will be sorted out in the new year and the promised land awaits!!!!!!

Defensively we have been pretty good, the problem will be, can we win a game if we go a goal down and at the moment scoring one goal never mind two is a problem.

Bluebee2 said:
Royaloak said:
One cup at the moment, read my post it says "when we enter the FA cup" you can't be in it until you enter, which is in the 3rd round.
Apologies, although since we've heard nothing to the contrary, I assume, as usual, we will enter the competition. My guess is that since the draw for the 3rd round is made at the end of November, we will have already submitted our application form, had our application accepted and, therefore, we are 'in' the competition. However, I accept that I could be wrong and that we've broken a 100+ year habit and told the FA to fuck off. I doubt it though.

Royaloak said:
We're 4th in the League, three points clear of the nearest rivals.This is despite having a largely 'new' team that have been badly effected by injury and who, according to common orthodoxy, haven't 'gelled' yet. There are a number of players who are new to the Premiership who have had in most cases less than a dozen games to acclimatize. We have played all of our main rival's, whilst others in the top 6 still have major fixtures between now and Christmas. Despite this, we're still 4th. We're the richest club in the World, our attendances are growing and we're still in two cup competitions. Having said all this, I didn't enjoy yesterday, but neither did I enjoy it when we were losing at home to teams like Birmingham. You build from the back and nobody can complain about our defensive record. These days, we go to places like Wigan and West Brom and win. Take the positives, we're making progress and frustrating and boring though it is for the time being, try and cut out the booing - it just feeds the vultures in the press and media exactly what they're looking for.

I salute you!

Remember that we still haven’t played our strongest XI.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.